NFFC Draft Champions Magazine League Results

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:17 am

I am not high on Willie Parker this season but when he fell to me at 4.11 I thought the value was too good to pass up.
Living the dream!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:21 am

So u won't buy a yugo until the price is low?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:25 am

I'm always pleased to get the #1 slot and was here, but as this draft was unfolding early on, I thought this would be a nice draft to have a late slot. If I had been at 13 or 14 I would have started LJ, Lynch, Marshall and been very satisfied. Obviously, at least in this draft and at this point in the preseason, others have those players ranked VERY differently than I do.

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:30 am

Everyone has a weakness I guess.

The WR's for that team with Brady-Lynch-Graham-Gates are:
Laverneus Coles, Donald Driver, Patrick Crayton, Jerry Porter, James Jones, Arnaz Battle, Devin Thomas.

Guess it depends on how much you think 1 year makes for Coles and Driver, I love Crayton and Porter. Jones, Battle, Thomas are all slot guys who will be on the field a majority of the time.

Its my team of course, I think it worked out great...

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:33 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Please list his top 5 wr and then you'll see whether it worked. They are not good enough for you to give him a good grade.....

He did do well with RB3/4

...but if it was a survivor league he would be off the island after Week 6 (if not earlier)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:33 am

Joe, I think Coles and Driver are both no worse than solid WRs in NFFC scoring. Coles should be healthier than last season and it's difficult to envision Driver only scoring two TDs again - even with Favre gone. Basically, you look at Gates as your WR1. So would you be happy with a strong WR1 and then Coles and Driver as your key WRs in the NFFC? To me, that's what it boils down to.

You got two stud talents at their respective positions (Brady and Gates). I love your top two RBs given the value you got for them. So I think your foundation with your first four picks is strong. And like you said, in a 14-team league especially, everyone will have a weakness somewhere.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:35 am

How many td's did all those wr score last year? Was it more than b.edwards by himself?

Who are their qb's this year?

How do u see them improving over last year?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Everyone has a weakness I guess.

The WR's for that team with Brady-Lynch-Graham-Gates are:
Laverneus Coles, Donald Driver, Patrick Crayton, Jerry Porter, James Jones, Arnaz Battle, Devin Thomas.

Guess it depends on how much you think 1 year makes for Coles and Driver, I love Crayton and Porter. Jones, Battle, Thomas are all slot guys who will be on the field a majority of the time.

Its my team of course, I think it worked out great... Getting a top 10 pick (certainly top 14) with the 24th pick tends to help make "it work out". Nice job.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Lynch was taken by the team with the fifth pick. That team took Brady in the first and we've been talking about whether you can win with Brady as your first-round pick. So his first four picks were:
QB-Brady
RB-Lynch
RB-Graham
TE-Gates
He's sacrificing WRs but Gates gives him an elite TE to go with (in my opinion) two strong RBs and Brady. If you have two good RBs and strength at QB with an elite TE is that enough to offset any issues you may have at WR? That's the question. Thoughts? An emphatic NO to your question Tom.
Perhaps if he had gone WR at 3-10
or possibly 3-10 AND 4-5

I think that Lynch being there was something he had not anticipated and may have changed a QB/WR/WR or QB/WR/RB start to QB/RB.....

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 am

Andre Johnson was also there at pick #24. Lynch had more value at the time not knowing how much DC value there was late...I'll only need 3 WR scores per week since my flex looks to be a RB every week. I'm cool with it, very happy...