MB Handicapping Contest Week 7 NFL Lines

SG Hammer

Post by SG Hammer » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:31 pm

Scott from fantasyjungle.com's picks

Seattle -7
Buffalo + 5 1/2
NY Giants -7

Thanks for taking the time to run this, nnoy.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:30 am

I'm in. I'll get you the money. Please post all official players with picks in one thread after the 1pm games kick off. Thanks.

I'll take the Saints (+3). McAllister shows the league why he is the best running back.

2nd pick is the Brownies (+9). Philly D will allow the game to be close.

3rd pick...TB (-7). Bears suck. Case closed.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:23 am

Nnoy…I’m sending the money to your Paypal account for myself and my friend Tom (Big T), who will be posting his picks shortly. It should be in to you by noon. I only feel strong about ONE game this week, but I’ll give it a shot. As I said before, handicapping the NFL is impossible these days, but here goes;

CLEVELAND + 9 - My Eagle fan friends would kill me for this, but I have to take Cleveland with all those points. The Birds have won EVERY game by double-digit points, and I think that the Browns keep this one close from the beginning. Don’t know about the upset, but I’ll take the inflated points.

MIAMI + 7 – Yes, I said Miami. I think that the D will keep the fish in it, and Bulger is in for a long day. Ugly,ugly,ugly. The Rams may already be packed up for the bye week, and Miami should give them a game.

BENGALS + 7 – Probably their 1st Monday night game since the year after SF beat them in the Super Bowl. New coach, new outlook, and a chance to shine in front of the rest of the league. This is my upset special and it’s gonna be worth every penny against an over-rated Denver squad. Rudi Johnson finally pays up as my wasted 2nd round NFFC pick.
:D

And Walla...if you think the contest is ridiculous, don't bother to post your picks unless you cough up the $50. to enter. It's easy to pick games when there's nothing riding on it. Put your money where your mouth is. It's all friggin' luck anyway. I use $50. in gas for my Hummer to pick up and/or drop off money to my bookie every week. It won't break you to put it up. Good "luck" to all participants...and I DO mean luck. :cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:42 am

NNoy...payment for Tom and I has been made through Paypal. Please confirm on this board when you get it. A "freebie" for my fellow participants...take the Bengals for REAL money and go to sleep. :cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:29 am

I'll put all of my eggs in one basket and go with the Giants -7 over Detroit. I've been quiet since claiming that Droughns was going to head back to the bench, but I'll go out on a limb today and give my 2 cents...Warner is going to have the best game in a Giants uniform throwing for 300 and 2-3 Td's. $ New York Football Giants 50 times on the book giving 7........I haven't been following these threads lately. Are you guys putting up money based on your picks?

[ October 24, 2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

JB

Post by JB » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:50 am

Cleveland,JAX,Minn...i'm not in the contest though because I suck at this!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:05 am

Originally posted by JB:
Cleveland,JAX,Minn...i'm not in the contest though because I suck at this! come on JB, you can win just as easy as any of us. lock in!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

KW3

Post by KW3 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:33 am

All TD favorites for me.

STL -7
TB -7
SEA -7

nnoy...the cash is on the way. My wife will paypal it to you.

How many guys do we have?

KW3

Post by KW3 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:34 am

Excellent picks JB.....what's another $50. Come on...jump in.

TOM ROSSI

Post by TOM ROSSI » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:42 am

Nnoy, I am Primo's friend Tom
Here are my picks for the week

Eagles -9 – The Birds are winning ugly…but winning ugly by double digits. Stay with the best road team in the NFL (despite the inflated line)

Panthers -3 – Chargers make 2nd coast to coast trip in as many weeks...historically spells trouble

Bucs -7 – J. Quinn has thrown just one more TD pass me!

Chiefs -4 – Not sold on the Falcons

Seahawks – 7 – Time to right the ship after consecutive losses