Post-Season Signup List

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
Two teams in the 120 please,thanks much I've got you down for both teams Tom, but I can't sign you up. You have to go to www.fantasy911.com when you're ready. But I've secured two teams for you. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:33 am

Now that the NFFC season is finished, don't forget about the unique Post-Season Contest at Fantasy911.com. It's a fun game and full of a lot of different strategies. Plus there's some good prize money to be won. Enjoy and keep your eye on the signup list above because I'm updating it each day through the start of the NFL playoffs.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Team Legacy

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:26 am

Greg, any way to find out my user name from years past? They have a forgot password link that requires your user name.

I plan on playing once again.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:19 am

Originally posted by Scott Atkins:
Greg, any way to find out my user name from years past? They have a forgot password link that requires your user name.

I plan on playing once again. Your PM box is full Scott. Just email Tom Hatfield at [email protected] and he will get you all set up.

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:21 am

Just a heads up folks that we're only shooting for 150 teams for each slot and already are well ahead of past year's pace. I know a lot of folks wait until the final day to secure their teams and set their lineups, but I'd suggest securing your teams earlier this year. I would assume that Fantasy911.com will expand the prize pool above our guarantees, but I'm not positive of that. Just plan ahead if you plan on playing, that's all I can say!! Thanks all. This should be fun.

Diesel

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Diesel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 am

The signups are extremely interesting to watch. I see people with one signup, two signups, three signups and even SIX signups in ONE event. More signups equal more chances to win an event, but there are so many different combos that you can do here, I'm not sure if it's better to do one and go with your gut, or go with SIX signups and just spread it out. I'm really eager to see how this plays out this year.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mattjb

Post-Season Signup List

Post by mattjb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
The signups are extremely interesting to watch. I see people with one signup, two signups, three signups and even SIX signups in ONE event. More signups equal more chances to win an event, but there are so many different combos that you can do here, I'm not sure if it's better to do one and go with your gut, or go with SIX signups and just spread it out. I'm really eager to see how this plays out this year. I'll only play one but that Brees/Rodgers decision is going to keep me second guessing myself for sure.

Diesel

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Diesel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
The signups are extremely interesting to watch. I see people with one signup, two signups, three signups and even SIX signups in ONE event. More signups equal more chances to win an event, but there are so many different combos that you can do here, I'm not sure if it's better to do one and go with your gut, or go with SIX signups and just spread it out. I'm really eager to see how this plays out this year. I'll only play one but that Brees/Rodgers decision is going to keep me second guessing myself for sure. [/QUOTE]I think Rodgers will be on 97% of teams.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

wiljiro2

Post-Season Signup List

Post by wiljiro2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
7. Hold ’Em Multipliers: Each week during the contest, fantasy points are multiplied by the number of weeks each player has been on your roster. Eli Manning is a perfect example from the 2008 contest. If you picked Eli Manning last year to be one of your starting QBs in the first week of the playoffs, you would earn his points from week one. Then after the Giants won that wild card game, his points in the second round of playoffs were multiplied by two. Then when the Giants advanced to the NFC Championship Game, his points were multiplied by three and then by four when the Giants reached the Super Bowl. Any team that receives a first-round bye, automatically has their points multiplied by two during their first game. Once one of your players are eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster. Question about Multipliers -

If you take a team with a first round bye, (Aaron Rodgers for example), does the multiplier kick in? What I mean is, I am aware that in this case you will get his score from game 2 plus same score to represent game 1 - But does the multiplier kick in since you are essentially picking the same guy for two weeks - I know that seems like a dumb question - but it's my first time playing this format - Logic tells me NO - since the multiplier is to benefit holding a guy that wins in a given week - but wanted to check regardless -

Thanks, Wiljiro
The Magic Man...> Now you see 'em, Now you don't! - "Ohhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!"

DOOMSDAY

Post-Season Signup List

Post by DOOMSDAY » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 am

Yes, you would get the multiplier in week 2 for all players who have a bye in week 1, so long as they were on your week 1 roster.

In essence, you get the multiplier awarded for as many weeks that a player is on your roster.

Since Rodgers does not play Week 1 he gets 0 points for week 1. But if he then scores 40 in week 2, his week 2 total would actually be 80 points.

Grerat format and lots of fun!