Post-Season Signup List

mattjb

Post-Season Signup List

Post by mattjb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Originally posted by HAUS:
Can't wait to see your roster.....after this post.... As usual i will 2nd/3rd/4th etc guess myself right up to the first game :rolleyes:

Jersey Dawg

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:25 am

I am thinking Eli, Brady in a rematch.

Syracuse Slappers

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Syracuse Slappers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 am

Is it just me or is the site still not up to set your rosters?

Rog

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:54 am

I set mine yesterday

Ry's Guys

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Section I: Official Rules and Regulations of the
National Fantasy Football Championship
Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament

After the second round of playoffs, there is no limit to the number of players from the same team you can have on your playoff roster.

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 12 players at all times. No more than one player per NFL team in the first round and no more than two players per NFL team in the second round. After the second round, there is no limit to the number of players per NFL team you can have on your playoff roster.

This seemed different than last years rules. I looked up the rules from their site and it reads...
2. Draft: Owners must manage a team of 12 players throughout the playoffs to accumulate the most league points. Owners will initially complete their roster by selecting one player from each team that qualified for the playoffs. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster. In week 3 of the playoffs , owners can have three players per team from their roster and during Super Bowl teams can have a maximum of four players per team (for a total of 8 players).

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 12 players at all times except the Super Bowl! (8). No more than one player per NFL team in the first round and no more than two players per NFL team in the second round. In the Championship Round, teams will be limited to 3 players per team (12 total players) and in the Super Bowl they will be limited to 4 players per team (8 total players).

Please clarify this for me when you get a chance as it would change my strategy.

Thanks

[ January 03, 2012, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:46 am

I believe that's right Pat. What do you think we had differently last year?

Round 1: 1 per team
Round 2: max of 2 per team
Round 3: max of 3 per team
Round 4: max of 4 per team

That's what we had last year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Post-Season Signup List

Post by mattjb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

That's what we had last year. Greg the new rules suggest in round 3 you can have as many as you like from one team.

After the second round of playoffs, there is no limit to the number of players from the same team you can have on your playoff roster.

[ January 03, 2012, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

Ry's Guys

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:59 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

That's what we had last year. Greg the new rules suggest in round 3 you can have as many as you like from one team.

[/QUOTE]Greg,
What Matt said...the rules you show are what we had last year. But the rules stated in the beginning of this thread says you can have unlimited amounts of players from the same team after round 2. That was what is different from last year.

Thanks
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 am

Sorry. The rules on the site are correct. I must have copied and pasted an old file for the first thread. I'll change that now. Here's what the rules on the site have and this is correct:

2. Draft: Owners must manage a team of 12 players throughout the playoffs to accumulate the most league points. Owners will initially complete their roster by selecting one player from each team that qualified for the playoffs. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold �Em roster. In week 3 of the playoffs , owners can have three players per team from their roster and during Super Bowl teams can have a maximum of four players per team (for a total of 8 players).

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 12 players at all times except the Super Bowl! (8). No more than one player per NFL team in the first round and no more than two players per NFL team in the second round. In the Championship Round, teams will be limited to 3 players per team (12 total players) and in the Super Bowl they will be limited to 4 players per team (8 total players).
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post-Season Signup List

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 am

It's corrected here now. Sorry for the confusion. The rules on the site have been correct from the beginning. I just had the wrong text here.

Okay, we already have 120+ for the $30 contest with a goal of 150 teams and 87 teams for the $120 contest. We will grow the prizes for those contests if we go beyond our goals. I have to ask Sam what he plans on doing as we get closer to those numbers. But as of now, signups will remain open until 5 minutes before kickoff of the first Saturday playoff game. After that kickoff, signups are closed for the post-season. Good luck all.