Tell me this doesn't suck

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Playing in a weekly salary cap contest with 586 players, for a chance to win a trip to Vegas to play for $25,000. Heading into the Monday night game, I was down by 1 point with Marshall to play. Top scoring team gets a seat out there.

We can only see the top 10 rosters, so I had no idea what was below.......once Marshall finally caught a pass, I thought it was looking pretty good for me until I realized another team had Marshall AND Gostowski. The Pats had to stop scoring points.

The last lead I possessed was middle of the 4th quarter, by .30 points.......was hoping a turnover would be avoided......nope.....INT.....TD.....EXTRA PT.....GAMER OVER.......-.70 point deficit.....NO TRIP TO VEGAS. :(

I had 4 teams finish 2,4,23,29. Last week I finished 9th with ONLY 3.5 pts from Miles A. and Marcedes L. If Austin had a "normal" game, I would've won a trip to Vegas last week. :mad:

I did win the Fantasyguru's Weekly challenge. Henne and Bess finished the week to help my team win $2,500 by 1.15 pts. I know there's over a 1,000 people playing, but not sure the exact amount. For some reason, the Vegas loss is outweighing the Guru win.

After a baseball season filled with 4th and 5th place finishes...IE: just outside the $$$$, I felt the need to come on here and do the opposite of venting. I wish the weekend I had could be extended into an entire season.....I also beat 206 people in a Fantasy Factor contest and won a few other salary cap games against single competitors. All this after finishing 5th in a weekly contest with over 20,000 teams, last week.

I know most probably could care less, but I felt the need to share and to let people know weekly games are quite fun and fair to all. If you've never played a salary cap game, you should play sometime. I'm getting to the point that I would rather play in a ton of weekly games OVER the entire season leagues. You don't have to worry about injuries, byes, playing time worries, etc.....you simply use your knowledge of the league each week....that and math skills(using salary wisely).

[ October 04, 2010, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: GOD Loves You ]
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

sky t 2 hotty

Post by sky t 2 hotty » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Man that's tuff about the Vegas trip. I play that one too but haven't even been close. Sounds like if you keep doing what you're doing.....you'll end up getting a spot. Good luck.

renman

Post by renman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 am

Congrats on the Guru cash. That is still great. I have been enjoying that contest as well though I have not played many national events as they have always felt gimmicky to me. Plus someone across the country always seems to end up with the optimum lineup.

This week in the guru thing I had Vick get crippled and at the last second pulled Tomlinson out with the logic the Jets would beat the Bills so easily that Greene would get tons of touches in the second half and LT at best would get 80 and a TD before the game got out of hand. I made the move to play Ivory (after the P. Thomas announcement) so I could strengthen my WR with Marshall.

Not the best move.

What is this trip to Vegas event?

[ October 05, 2010, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:05 pm

The only trip to Vegas contest that I know of is through FanDuel.com. It costs $10 to play and there are usually about 500 or so entries each week. 1st place wins a trip to Vegas and then the top 10 teams win a little $$$. It's fun but you could easily buy 3 to 4 teams a week and end up spending $400 with nothing to show for it. I had one team during the first week and was in 3rd place going into the Monday night game and weak finish with M Floyd and just missed out on a Vegas trip myself.

GLY has a good point though... the weekly games are fun and I've gravitated a little bit to them this season. You're not nearly as devastated with a season ending injury in the weekly games!

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 am

I can see the fun of the weekly games but I personally prefer playing a traditional league, with a live draft, with real people. The massive national events always end up with so many entries and team combinations that someone ends up hitting on everyone.

For me, it comes down to cost and payout ratios. I do like the salary cap games.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Originally posted by Renman:

For me, it comes down to cost and payout ratios. $4.95 for one week to win $2,500 is a nice ratio.

Same with the Fanduel game Kulaski mentioned.....three $10 entries has won me over $800. Even if I played multiple entries each week the rest of the way, I'm still making a profit.

You should check out the fanduel game. You can play against numerous people or challenge another H2H......you can even invite friends to challenge you and even receive $$$$ for referring friends. I won 5/6 competitions last week and have a friend that constantly beats his competitors. I spoke to this friend after he attended the Monday night game and he had to remind me of the false start by the Pats when going for two......no false start, no XP attempt, no extra point for the person who beat my by .30 points. :mad:

James, obviously the live drafts are great, but everything involved with these weekly leagues is great.....and it's weekly. Imagine having a mini draft-day each week!

Dabigu

Post by Dabigu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 am

No what sucks is I tried it for the first time last week and only did head to head, did not enter the overall weekly for $10. I had a team score 163 and I would have won the weekly trip to Vegas.
Some Assembly Required

Dabigu

Post by Dabigu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:58 am

What other weekly games are out there. I am now doing fan duel and I like the concept better than the season long games. Injuries only ruin you for one week instead of the whole season
Some Assembly Required

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Originally posted by BobbyJ:
What other weekly games are out there. I am now doing fan duel and I like the concept better than the season long games. Injuries only ruin you for one week instead of the whole season Here's a few

www.Fantasyfactor.com

www.draftzone.com

www.fantasyguru.com
I think you might have to subscribe to play....could be wrong, but it wouldn't allow me to enter until I subscribed.

www.fantazzle.com/fantasy-sports/football

The two below have weekly prizes within the yearly contest:

www.rotohog.com/corporate/football
I love this game(many different sports).....if you can invest a little time, you can do quite well.

www.rapiddraft.com

All have their +/-, but overall, cannot complain. :cool: