STATS Update: Game Site Is Ready

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:23 am

Originally posted by JB:
I proposed doing 2 FAAB times last year in the WCOFF and again this year and got shot down both times. I thought one on Wed. night and one on Sat. was perfect but I don't know if it's possible. It allows teams to pick up players on Sat. that were dropped on Wed. You and Dyv could be on to something. Don't know yet. Let me think about it and bounce it off my colleagues. It sure would add a new dimension to the game.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:09 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by JB:
I proposed doing 2 FAAB times last year in the WCOFF and again this year and got shot down both times. I thought one on Wed. night and one on Sat. was perfect but I don't know if it's possible. It allows teams to pick up players on Sat. that were dropped on Wed. You and Dyv could be on to something. Don't know yet. Let me think about it and bounce it off my colleagues. It sure would add a new dimension to the game. [/QUOTE]Hey JB - didn't realize you had the idea last year, but kudos anyway ;)

FWIW, I like anything that adds strategy to a game. Something like this and how to spend the FAAB, being able to take out factors like my kicker sneezed and broke a rib, having unique scoring (like the NFFC), etc. - all makes me enjoy the contest better.

Ultimately, drafting Priest Holmes and having him break his leg is just a fact of the game. Having his backup is good management. Losing a kicker at the last minute and having no options because your other kicker is on a bye week is devestating, and hardly a factor of being a good GM or a bad GM for your team.

Discuss away!

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:20 pm

Greg, Just stick with your plans. These clowns
would complain if they won a million dollars.
Hey I want it all in twentys not hundreds!!

JB

Post by JB » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:36 pm

We're just tossing up ideas to improve the event...what's wrong with that??

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:16 pm

It was out of courtesy for those millions of Americans who set their lineups during work hours!!!

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:19 pm

Sorry, went to copy Greg's quote. I happened to work 90% of weekends!My work hours are fri and sat nights. A later FAAB time would be more helpful for the tens who actually work on weekends!!

Kevin L

Post by Kevin L » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:11 am

Greg, does anyone have a copy of last year's actual drafted players by team and value?