Week 2 Preseason Thoughts

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:03 am

I'm a little late in starting this thread but here are some of my thoughts about what we've seen so far:

When I first compiled my WR rankings waaaaaaaaay back in March, I had DeSean Jackson in the Top 20 at WR. It's starting to look like I made a mistake dropping him out of that group, even though I didn't drop him very far. He's going to be good. Real good.

I'm officially on board with Chad Johnson as a solid WR2. I've been leery of him for months but he's winning me over. If Carson Palmer stays healthy, both Johnson and Coles are going to be good PPR options. Chris Henry remains a hit or miss guy as the third WR.

Michael Turner isn't showing any signs he got too much of a workload last season. He looks fantastic.

I like the Barber-Jones combo in Dallas A LOT this season. They're not using the two together but I think they're saving those packages for the regular season.

Dallas' WRs, meanwhile, really do nothing for me.

Who was the old guy at QB for the Vikings last night?

I hope everyone noticed that Dwayne Bowe was back with the No. 1 offense. I'm still very high on him as a WR2 with Top 10 potential.

Other than Steven Jackson (who has plenty of issues), the Rams are U G L Y. I can't envision a scenario where I'd consider anyone on that team other than Jackson and Donnie Avery, and I'm only considering Avery real late right now.

That's what I got. What have you seen so far? Feel free to add more comments as the games continue tonight. I'll post some thoughts on the Packers-Bills game.

[ August 22, 2009, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 am

My thoughts....Ocho is my "K".

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:32 am

i have no clue as to who will be the main rb with indy.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:49 am

with favre doing zero running, i gotta say i like peterson better than i did 2 weeks ago

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:11 am

Doing the Online as my first foray into high stakes fantasy football and I came to my decision late (i.e. another sorry season in baseball). Just getting started on my rankings, but I have to say the "370" curse is working big-time in my thinking about Turner. If Ryan and White playing at a high (or in Ryan's case, improving) level, with the addition of saftey valve Gonzalez, I do not think Turner will be used as much or so desparately, as I think the Falcons used him last year. It will end up with fewer touches, yards, but he should still get the ball on running downs in the zone.

[ August 22, 2009, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Phat Bustards ]
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

freddiezee

Post by freddiezee » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:20 am

I think Tom Brady moved up a half dozen spots after his first pre-season game and then moved back down a half-dozen spots after looking average against the Bengals. Depending on how he looks next week, he could be all over the map on draft day. Someone could have him as their QB1 and take him in the early second. If you get a group of people who don't trust a QB coming off knee surgery and if Brady doesn't look great next week, you could see a Peterson/Brady combo to start a draft.

If he stays in Denver, Marshall is the boom-or-bust pick of the year. It will be interesting to see how he responds to not going with the team this week. Even with Orton at QB, a focused Marshall is a 1000 yard receiver. Or, he could pout even more and produce like Ochocinco did last year.

Is it just me or are there more really bad/boring QB options than ever this year? There must be at least a dozen that I wouldn't want to have to start even for more than one week. If you don't get a good and reliable QB (how many of those are there? 8, maybe 10?), you better get two pretty quickly.

[ August 22, 2009, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: freddiezee ]

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:06 pm

I would rather have Donald Brown then Addai and you can get him 2 rounds later.Agree with both CowBOYS back's ,think Felix and Marion can have some nice value.If i end up with Westy must have McCoy.
Im with Ocho also and Palmer.Im staying away from Turner he will never top last season's numers and wont carry over 320.Love Slaton and expect a top 5 season at running back.I would rather have P Thomas than Bush.Housh at age 32 going to Seattle who is bringing in a strong running game,[pass].Sam Hurd a very deep sleeper.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Cutler and Earl Bennett, the Vanderbilt connection during the NYG-Chi game. Where do you draft Bennett?

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Originally posted by hammertime:
Cutler and Earl Bennett, the Vanderbilt connection during the NYG-Chi game. i was hoping people didn't pick up on that. hester is NOT a WR. he's a PR trying to play WR. Bennett is nice sleeper this year.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by hammertime:
Cutler and Earl Bennett, the Vanderbilt connection during the NYG-Chi game. i was hoping people didn't pick up on that. hester is NOT a WR. he's a PR trying to play WR. Bennett is nice sleeper this year. [/QUOTE]GO BEARS!!
Bauler Shot Caller