Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:46 am

Dates I am available

August 24th, 25th, 26th, 28th, 29th
Sept 6
I would love if we could all agree on one date, but just figured with so many people having many draft obligations coming up, it would be easier to do in one night. I am going to send a pm to all league members so they are aware we need to figure out a date.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:06 am

I sent an e-mail to everyone, but one of the addresses wasn't valid.... M.Kaybok...if anyone knows who this is, please get in touch with them.

I started a thread for all to post what dates they have available. http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 1;t=001255

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:23 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
I sent an e-mail to everyone, but one of the addresses wasn't valid.... M.Kaybok...if anyone knows who this is, please get in touch with them.

I started a thread for all to post what dates they have available. http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 1;t=001255 GLY,

That is UYT.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:23 am

Have we reached a decision on this? I think the Message Board is the best way to get it done -- we want to get it done in one night; that's for sure. And what about a replacement for Gekko? Sorry if all this has been answered but I'm just trying to catch up so let me know.

Also, George del Prado said only a couple of people have registered at the site. I strongly advise you guys doing that this weekend so you can test everything out. Please don't go onto the site blind. Thanks again.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:55 am

I believe everyone is overcomplicating this auction. Set the amount of money at $208 and just do the 26 rounds on the auction website. Supply and demand will regulate the late rounds and eventually everyone will be in draft status.

The original idea of an auction and then an eight round draft was a great idea, but since the site doesn't allow it we need to adjust to something simple. The idea of doing this draft on two dates just doesn't make sense to me and I think the idea of posting the last eight rounds on the message board will take two to three times as long as if we just used fantasyauctioneer.com.

What is the worst that could happen by doing 26 rounds in the auction format without any restrictions in the final eight rounds? Maybe a few players go for $2 or $3, so be it.

If we are still doing two dates then here are my available dates. August 22nd, Augst 25th, Sept 6th. However, my vote is to do the entire 26 round on Monday night. This will be simple and the most effective use of time.

Why create the headache for Tom and Greg and then deal with the additional layer of complication of determining a date that will work for 14 owners?
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:07 am

Originally posted by BigMO:
Why create the headache for Tom and Greg and then deal with the additional layer of complication of determining a date that will work for 14 owners? i jumped before the trainwreck. like you said the ORIGINAL idea was great, but then we found out it wasn't possible. i hope you guys get the league going, but it's comical to see you guys go back and forth on the details. sorry. good luck
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:10 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
And what about a replacement for Gekko? weeble wobble said he wanted in
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ksbrodie

Post by ksbrodie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:33 am

Trying to get 14 owners together on another day will probably be impossible. I have another suggestion...

Does the magic roster number have to be 26? Can't we just make this a 22 round Auction and call it a day? 22 rounds - $225 Cap. In a DC league there will be plenty of reserves on the roster IMO.

You can hold a team of 3QBs, 6RB's, 7WR's, 2TE's, 2K's and 2 D's. That should get you through the season just fine. Just be a little more cautious of the injury prone and troublesome players. That's all part of Fantasy football. Some owner is going to get screwed by injury one way or the other I'm sure.

Any Thoughts?
"The Difference between skill and luck is the duration in which it lasts"

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:34 am

So far 6 are available for August 25th....need another 8 to make this the date.

ksbrodie

Post by ksbrodie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:39 am

Can't make it the 25th :(
"The Difference between skill and luck is the duration in which it lasts"