NFFC Champions League 2 Draft Order

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:35 am

They are talking about another draft, Lance, as RI Workhorse wasn't in last night's draft. This goes back to Sunday night's DC draft.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:36 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I think it's called mutual respect and if I'm not jumping out and posting your team than you should show me the courtesy not to post mine. i actually enjoy the FF banter with job johnny. this MB is like a soap opera. next thing you know job johnny is gonna ask me how much i can bench or how fast i can run the mile. :rolleyes:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:37 am

My bad...sorry.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:45 am

Here is my team, Lance, from last night's draft. Honest analysis 2 months before the season:

Kurt Warner - R8 P12
Steve McNair - R11 P3

LT - R1 P3
Fred Taylor - R4 P12
Curtis Martin - R7 P3
Mewelde Moore - R9 P3
Antowain Smith - R12 P12
Quentin Griffin - R17 P3

Anquan Boldin - R2 P12
Reggie Wayne - R3 P3
Antonio Bryant - R6 P12
Troy Williamson - R10 P12
Jabar Gaffney - R14 P12

Jason Witten - R5 P3
Desmond Clark - R16 P12

Shayne Graham - R15 P3
Lawrence Tynes - R18 P12

Pittsburgh Steeler D - R13 P3
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:57 am

Originally posted by Ponch:
Spliff, you were dead on with your assesments in the earlier posts. A little bit of paranoia, and a whole lot of arrogance in the air around here. That's fine. I don't think me and Pínchi Brian's targeted players will get swiped come September, just because the message board gets to see how we drafted in June. No one ever likes our guys in the summer anyway. And if the teams whose squads look like every other team from that draft spot in every other draft, than what's the big f***in' secret anyhow?!? ADP.....ADP.....que pínchi ADP. So because everyone in the fantasy football world is drafting Carnell from the 12th spot, that means I have too?!? Here's the news guys and gals, the majority are the ones who dictate the ADP with their goin'-offa'-last year, tired-a**, puckered-up bunghole, weenie picks. The cats who cash out are the ones who spotted this or that early, who recognized it, and then were not afraid to move on it. Their teams are just different enough from the right spots, to propel them ahead of all the cookie-cutters out there who have essentialy the same squads, cuz' they were all too scared to go against the ADP. Listen, I'm not espousing going out and gettin' all carni-style, ape sh**t in a draft, just for the f**k of it. I'm simply saying, if you've got a feeling about a player/players, don't be afraid to pull the trigger on them if you really want them. Don't go a whole year lamenting a miserable pick that takes a s**t, who you drafted just because everyone else said you should have because it was a great "value pick." What the f**k does that mean?!? How does anyone know it was a great "value pick" until the season is over. Looking back on things, yes I can now say that Stevonne Smith/Larry Johnson/& Joey Galloway were great "value picks" last year. But who the hell knows for sure who the true "value picks" are going to be? Gut feelings and prognostications fellas,(and Jules),.....that's all we have, so go with them. Or not.....I could really give two s**ts less. Ponch, although I had to "read between the lines" to fully comprehend your point...NOT.. I wholeheartedly agree with you. The modicum of success I had last year was solely based on targeting S Smith in the late 3rd to 4th round, Santana Moss in the 7-8th rounds and Joey Galloway in the 10-11th rounds. Of my nine teams, I believe, I had at least 2 of them on all teams. All of those teams were in 12 team leagues so I suspect the targeted rounds here would have had to be 2-3, 5-6, and 7-9. All my other picks were pretty much run of the mill. And as you allude to, I suspect I won't have any of them on very many teams this year, because of where they will be drafted based on last year's performance. I didn't like where LJ was going last year, because it seemed the only way he was going to justify his draft position was for Priest to go down. Which of course he did. But to draft a player with the expectation that another player has to have a season ending injury to justify the pick, just doesn't make sense to me. Needless to say I didn't draft LJ on any team.(in the one league I had Priest I was targeting LJ for round 5, but as I recall, he got snatched at the end of round 4) That is the same reason I will very unlikely have one of your early supposed favorites this year on any of my teams. Unless something changes pretty dramatically between now and Sept. the only way, IMO, that Deangelo will justify his draft position is for Foster to pull a Priest. Which, past history being a strong indicator, that might not be an unreasonable assumption. We just differ on opinions about Reuben but I 100% agree with you on Roy. Unless training camp and preseason indicate otherwise he should DOMINATE in Martz's offense. And once immobile Kitna holds the ball too long, one time too many; I think he will only improve with McCowan. Still real early but a couple others i like at this point are S Jax, which isn't a big surprise but like him much better than where he is being drafted. Also like Joe J. better than his draft position... But anyways , you really should be more direct with your feelings...lol. :D :D

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I think it's called mutual respect and if I'm not jumping out and posting your team than you should show me the courtesy not to post mine. i actually enjoy the FF banter with job johnny. this MB is like a soap opera. next thing you know job johnny is gonna ask me how much i can bench or how fast i can run the mile. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]By the way, GG how much do you press and how fast are you in the 440; mile not necessary, don't see this as stamina testing... :eek: :eek:

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:20 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Here is my team, Lance, from last night's draft. Honest analysis 2 months before the season:

Kurt Warner - R8 P12
Steve McNair - R11 P3

LT - R1 P3
Fred Taylor - R4 P12
Curtis Martin - R7 P3
Mewelde Moore - R9 P3
Antowain Smith - R12 P12
Quentin Griffin - R17 P3

Anquan Boldin - R2 P12
Reggie Wayne - R3 P3
Antonio Bryant - R6 P12
Troy Williamson - R10 P12
Jabar Gaffney - R14 P12

Jason Witten - R5 P3
Desmond Clark - R16 P12

Shayne Graham - R15 P3
Lawrence Tynes - R18 P12

Pittsburgh Steeler D - R13 P3 Hard for me to split my brain to understand the 14 team "thin'ness" in talent compared to 12...but here we go...

I think if Warner stays upright...he could be awesome.

Your RB's are very old, and have younger players chomping at the bits to take over...they all scare me.

You make up for much of that in WR talent...Boldin/Wayne is super!

Most teams will have a "solid" TE this year...so they almost fall into the DEF/K realm.

Not bad...if Warner stays healthy, and either Martin or Fred revert to 2004...you will have a team to compete.

Good Luck!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:21 pm

That is the same reason I will very unlikely have one of your early supposed favorites this year on any of my teams. Unless something changes pretty dramatically between now and Sept. the only way, IMO, that Deangelo will justify his draft position is for Foster to pull a Priest. Which, past history being a strong indicator, that might not be an unreasonable assumption. We just differ on opinions about Reuben but I 100% agree with you on Roy. Unless training camp and preseason indicate otherwise he should DOMINATE in Martz's offense. And once immobile Kitna holds the ball too long, one time too many; I think he will only improve with McCowan.Spliff, don't have any problems with someone else telling me they think I'm wrong about a player, a la you, Jules, and Glenn.....but I gotta' say, some flugel-binder telling me I AM wrong, not even because they necessarily believe it, but because I'm not in line with popular theory, well.....that really gets the ole' gamma-radiation coursing through my fantasy veins! Mr. Mekko, don't make me angry.....you wouldn't like me when I'm angry. :mad:
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Shortswettingman, where is Burlingame? Are you up north?
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:27 pm

Yup, Punchy...but I'll be moving to San Mateo right next door on Saturday.

I'm like 20 min south of San Francisco, 30 north of San Jose, 30 min west of Oakland, and 15 min east of coastline beaches!...right in the middle.

Very nice place to live...but WAY overpriced.

~Lance

[ June 27, 2006, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]

~Long John Silver