Glenneration X

SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 am

Jets +4
Eagles +4
Pats -4
Cards -2

in order of preference.

BTW....the Jets are a mortal lock....and that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a lifelong Jets fan..... ;)

Glenn

[ January 09, 2010, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:42 am

May I join in on the fun?

Jets +4
Eagles +4
Ravens +4
Packers +2
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:05 am

I'm amazed at all the Jets "love." I know they only did it 3 times during the season, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals win by double digits. The return of DT Peko is going to limit the Jets ground game......has Sanchez done anything to make us believe he can make a play or two to keep them in the game?
Bengals 20
Jets 10

Packers are going to the Super Bowl, they dominate the Cards tomorrow. LANCE/sportsmanhave you only seen pictures of Rodgers?? That guy doesn't get rattled...he plays better when the Packers are behind, in the 4th quarter and especially on 3rd down...he's a stud.
As much as I love Warner and feel he’s had a Hall Of Fame career, his play has declined since his MVP seasons. He recorded a passer rating over 100 in eight games this season, but the best defense during those games was the 18th ranked Texans. Against teams ranked in the top 10, Warner had passer ratings of 67.2, 47.8 and 44.9. In those three games, Warner threw eight interceptions, with only three touchdowns. Warner actually played worse at home this season, throwing nine interceptions, compared to five on the road.

Three years ago, Coldhardfootballfacts.com created the Defensive Hog Index (DHI), a way to determine which team had the best defensive front in the league. Since the inception of the DHI, the team that ranked first has won the Super Bowl each time. More importantly, the team with the better DHI is 20-2 in the playoffs over that time. The Packers finished the season as the number one defense according to the DHI, while the Cardinals finished 11th. Small sample size, but I like stats like this....that D and O is going to be tough to beat. Another big play to Jordy
Nelson?
Packers 31
Cardinals 20

If the Ravens can get a lead, I'd expect them to lean heavily on the run and get a win. The loss of Welker is huge....both teams have major injury issues, but for some reason I have a feeling this is just about the end of the "dynasty." Surprise player, Todd Heap
Ravens 20
Patriots 17

FYI, Wade Phillips has never won a playoff game(0-4), meanwhile, Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb have never lost their opening playoff game(7-0). Traditionally, McNabb doesn't play well against Dallas, but this is one game he comes through with a nice performance. The Boys better continue to feed the ball to Felix if they want to win.
BTW, Westy comes alive this game. :eek:
Eagles 23
Cowboys 20
Almost forgot, Shaun Suisham will have to run from the mob after the game. :D
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:33 am

Patrick, you make very good points. But I think you're forgetting one thing. Braylon Edwards is playing for a huge payday. While the Jets are huddling together for their pre game, emotional Rex Ryan speech, Braylon's agent will be giving him the Tom Cruise "SHOW ME THE MONEY" speech. You will see the best of Braylon Edwards today, while the Jets control the clock and stifle Cincy's offense.

You usually kick my a$$ when we disagree, but I'm feeling this one. Jets 20- Cincy 10.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 am

Might as well join in with all these pickers & I like the same 4 teams as Diesel above:
Jets +4 field position battle
Eagles +4 OUTRIGHT!
Ravens +4 hope Flacco isn't like A "DEER IN HEADLIGHTS"
Packers+2 OUTRIGHT!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Patrick, you make very good points. But I think you're forgetting one thing. Braylon Edwards is playing for a huge payday. While the Jets are huddling together for their pre game, emotional Rex Ryan speech, Braylon's agent will be giving him the Tom Cruise "SHOW ME THE MONEY" speech. You will see the best of Braylon Edwards today, while the Jets control the clock and stifle Cincy's offense.

You usually kick my a$$ when we disagree, but I'm feeling this one. Jets 20- Cincy 10. Diesel Braylon Edwards just isnt that good.He just dropped that bomb from Sanchez right on his numbers.He completey missed it,what a bum.JET fans must be sick but every team has that guy that isnt worth the money on the Cowboys that would be Roy Williams.
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS YEAH BOY DALLAS ROCKS.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:40 pm

It hurts to lose a bet, and I can't stand Sanchez...but Buddy Ryan was my favorite coach, and his son is like a freaking mirror image!

Congrats Jets.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver