SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
WOW...all I can say is wow.

Glad I toned my bets down for Saturday and glad i didn't play any "playoff challenges"...I'd be toast already. Ditto, DOUBLE Wow. First time for everything, Wade wins, Reid/McNabb lose.

IMO, the signing of Vick was a bad choice for the Eagles. McNabb stated during the season how the entering and exiting of Vick caused the offense to lose momentum and continuity. Did they really need him? Heck, I would rather see Desean Jackson taking direct snaps.

Ultimately, I know the Eagles didn't have a chance with the way they played, but I wonder what might've happened if Vick wasn't playing/didn't fumble.

Congrats Boys and their fans(Eddie)
Felix was a nice pick for any of the postseason contests ....the Barber injury could end up being a blessing in disguise.

BTW, take my picks with a grain of salt as I have been predicting from bizarro world.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by Rob B:
I think Dallas is that good right now and believe they are on a course to meet either SD or Indy in MIami. That's what im calling and took Romo and Rivers as my qb's in the nffc playoff pool.Remeber just 2 weeks ago the Eagles were the hottest team in football on a 6 game winning streak and Dallas has just ruined them.HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS SNAKIE. [/QUOTE]GO PACK GO!!!!!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:33 pm

If odds are odds...I wind up 2-2, thus NE and ARI win, and thus GB loses and thus :D all is right in the world when GB loses and thus, and thus, and thus...

Amen-ra! :D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 am

I would have stayed far away from yesterday's games in terms of betting. I never like to bet on two bad teams because anything can happen and I think the Bengals and Jets are the two worst teams in the playoffs. I don't see the Jets going beyond this round. They simply are not very good in my opinion.

And while I expected the Cowboys to win, I thought the Eagles would put up a stronger fight. But my instincts about Dallas proved correct. The Cowboys are really clicking, Felix Jones is becoming a major X factor, Austin and Witten are major threats in the passing game and Romo's playing great. They are a legit Super Bowl contender.

The only first-round game I'd feel comfortable betting on is the Pats-Ravens. The Packers-Cardinals game could go either way but I've seen nothing in the second half of the season that leads me to believe Flacco can deliver throwing the ball to beat a top-flight passing offense. And that's what the Ravens have to do today to win. Even without Welker, I think the Patriots can and will throw the ball effectively.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 am

This is the Felix Jones I expected when I called him my steal of the draft in the pre-season magazine article.

When he is healthy, lookout!

I'd also say the Cowboys should move M Barber. A backfield of Cjoice/Jones is explosive!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:00 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
This is the Felix Jones I expected when I called him my steal of the draft in the pre-season magazine article.

When he is healthy, lookout!

I'd also say the Cowboys should move M Barber. A backfield of Cjoice/Jones is explosive! I wouldnt move Barber he is the heart and soul of the Cowboys offense and the fan's love him.His style of play is why he is loved so much.That was the only bumber to last nights game that he couldnt go my 14 year old son Grant evened mentioned to me the Barber is still his favorite Cowboy.Barber will be the perfect fit to Jones next year as Barber can do a little of everything.
Barber should have a couple good years left.He is no longer a number 2 pick but maybe the 6th or 7th round could be a steal.I hope he bounces back next week againest the VIKINGS.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I would have stayed far away from yesterday's games in terms of betting. I never like to bet on two bad teams because anything can happen and I think the Bengals and Jets are the two worst teams in the playoffs. I don't see the Jets going beyond this round. They simply are not very good in my opinion.

And while I expected the Cowboys to win, I thought the Eagles would put up a stronger fight. But my instincts about Dallas proved correct. The Cowboys are really clicking, Felix Jones is becoming a major X factor, Austin and Witten are major threats in the passing game and Romo's playing great. They are a legit Super Bowl contender.

The only first-round game I'd feel comfortable betting on is the Pats-Ravens. The Packers-Cardinals game could go either way but I've seen nothing in the second half of the season that leads me to believe Flacco can deliver throwing the ball to beat a top-flight passing offense. And that's what the Ravens have to do today to win. Even without Welker, I think the Patriots can and will throw the ball effectively. The Pats game is the only game I didn't bet on. Don't feel good about it.

The Packers, on the other hand, are hot like the Cowboys, Zona is not. The spread has changed more than any game I've seen in awhile. Started AZ favorite of 3 points and has swung 6 points to GB favorite by 3. There must be a boatload of money on GB to do that.

Good luck all

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:51 am

Just as I expected, Philly was hard pressed to score in double digits.

Hey Eddie, the one thing you may be mistaken on is the Boys beating the Bolts, because they will be beating the Colts instead to win the Super Bowl!

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Jets beat the Chargers next week... that's right, next week will be the Jets at SD because the Ravens are going to bounce the Pats this afternoon!

Cards by 10 over the Pack later today, book it!

and before I forget...
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!