SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Got off to a 4-0 start and followed that up with a 0-4 game 2.... Bookies always win.

Jets keep it close so:

Jets +7.5 and the game ends slightly under 39.5 (I am thinking something like 23-17)

Vikes keep it close and might win, so:

Vikes +3.5 and the game is over 52.5 with ease, maybe even by the end of Q3.

Pete

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:18 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Bookies always win.

the game ends slightly under 39.5 (I am thinking something like 23-17)

Pete Ummmm Pete....this arithmetic could be an example of why the bookies always win..... ;)

Glenn

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:54 am

We all know that the Saints led the NFL in offense in 2009, but as they say..."DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"...and with this weekend being "CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND", I thought I'd share some stats...

The New Orleans Saints not only have the worst defense still alive in the hunt for the Superbowl...but they had the worst defense in the entire list of playoff teams this season, wildcards included!

Their team defense and how they ranked regular season...

Points allowed...

At 21.3 points per game allowed, they ranked 20th/32 teams...no playoff team was ranked lower.

Total yards per game allowed...

At 357.8 yards per game allowed they ranked 25th/32. Again...worst ranking of teams that advanced.

Passing yards per game allowed...

Saints ranked 26th of 32 allowing 235.6 passing yards per game. (again...worst)

Rushing yards per game allowed...

Allowing 122.2 rushing yards per game ranked them 21st/32 here with Indy being the only playoff team ranked lower at 24th/32.

Only the Colts allowed more 1st downs per game of the playoff teams as well.

MIN just destroyed a Dallas Cowboy team who handed the Saints their first loss of the season, ruining their run at going undefeated (which they stated they were trying for).

Most folks are betting (62% plus) are betting on the Saints minus the points, betting that their high powered offense can make up for their lack of defense one more time. We shall see.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 am

Snake im still in hiding and pain.Have you ever seen a score like that yet the total yards were close,crazy.Still i need to get over it and we get a first round pick this year.OK the picks.

JETS and the UNDER
VIKINGS and the UNDER
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 am

Lance, the Saints D was one of the better units in the league, until the injury bug hit them.

Common sense says a defense will give up yards and points when the teams respective offense is scoring a ton. It's inevitable.

Watch the game tomorrow to see just how good a relatively healthy Saints unit can be......especially with the homefield advantage. The Vikes would be wise to get Peterson going, but I'm not sure he will get the carries he needs for the Vikes to win.

My eyes could be wrong, but the Saints unit I watched for the majority of the season was one of the better ones. Attack and attack some more.....maybe the old Brett shows up with a nice 2-3 INT game.

Whether the stats show it or not, the Saints D is better than the Vikes IMO. I'm guessing Brees will have a field day against that average secondary, whereas Favre and their WR corps will be limited by the Saints.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 pm

I'LL TAKE THE SAINTS AND COLTS.