SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Wow...that's what I call stooping to a new level of attention gathering! ;)

Oh Boy! You got 2 of your last 10 correct!!! Baby Shower!!!

Of all folks...I know SNAKE can take a little ribbing! :D

[ February 08, 2010, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 am

Looks like Tom ran the the table to keep his perfect record. Is this correct 0 and 14
That is unreal.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:44 am

That was some nice game planning from Payton and Williams. I've never heard a team using an entirely different defensive gameplan for each individual quarter.

When they went for it on 4th down, I thought he was crazy. I told a female friend, "watch they'll stop them and then get a FG and be ecstatic." After they kicked the FG, she said, "well you called that."

The more I thought about it, it was one of the better calls I've seen in a while.....Payton actually "called that." They got the FG they wanted, but they didn't give the Colts any room to work with their offense. Imagine if they kicked the FG and then kicked off, giving the Colts the ball at the 40 or even midfield. I know you can say hindsight 20/20, but they way their D was playing, it was a great call and it paid off.

The game practically went the way a few of us expected. I anticipated the Saints to control the ball to keep Colts O off the field, I didn't expect it to be with the short passing game. From what I watched throughout the ENTIRE season, the Saints were the better team overall and if they played the Colts 10 times, they would win the majority of the games.

I still say the healthy Saints D is one of the better units in the league and it really showed yesterday. Most thought the two weeks would give Peyton plenty of time to destroy the so-called "crappy" unit, but it looked like 2 weeks was too much time for Williams to create a perfect plan to stop the Colts.

Kudos to the Saints and their city. It's been nice to see some good Super Bowls lately, after the string of blowouts we grew accustomed to watching. It doesn't get much better seeing images like Brees celebrating with his son, with tears in his eyes. :cool:
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Wow...that's what I call stooping to a new level of attention gathering! ;)

Oh Boy! You got 2 of your last 10 correct!!! Baby Shower!!!

Of all folks...I know SNAKE can take a little ribbing! :D 1) I can definitely take a little ribbing no problem there...

BUT

2) your statement is inaccurate as I started out 0-4 the first weekend and finished 7-3 after that... :cool:

...the Final Standings soon to come here...GK
[/QUOTE]So 7-7 (50%)

Somehow I am sure you will still boast that you are hitting at 80% for the playoffs when next year rolls around. :rolleyes:

Whatever are you going to do for attention for the next 7 months???

Time to invent a new plague??

I'm just having fun with you Glenn. You are one of the better "sports wagerers" I know, and nice hit on the Super Bowl! I'm happy for anyone who can make some $$$ via sports during this rough financial time for all. :D

[ February 08, 2010, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:22 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
1) I can definitely take a little ribbing no problem there...

BUT

2) your statement is inaccurate as I started out 0-4 the first weekend and finished 7-3 after that... :cool:

...the Final Standings soon to come here...GK
[/QUOTE]So 7-7 (50%)

Somehow I am sure you will still boast that you are hitting at 80% for the playoffs when next year rolls around. :rolleyes:

Whatever are you going to do for attention for the next 7 months???

Time to invent a new plague??

I'm just having fun with you Glenn. You are one of the better "sports wagerers" I know, and nice hit on the Super Bowl! I'm happy for anyone who can make some $$$ via sports during this rough financial time for all. :D
[/QUOTE]...well I can say that up until THIS year I was definitely at 80% (or better) in 5 years of playoff/Super Bowl prognosticating (it can be proven if you would find the time to go back and check this MB over the last 5 years of SNAKEtakes - have fun with that
[/QUOTE]It took all of 10 minutes to go back and look at "SnakeTakes" from the last 4 years (there wasn't any in 2006, but you wrote in the 2007 version that you went 10-2.

Since it isn't documented, tripled with your need for attention and your creativity to spin more tall tales than a sailor, I don't think that can really count.

However, here are your PROVEN results....

2007 7-5
2008 9-2
2009 7-5
2010 7-7

So before this season, you were hitting at 65.7% (23 of 35), add in your "self proclaimed but not documented 10-2 of 2006 and you still were only hitting 70.2% (33 of 47).

Take out the 2006 phantom season and the last 4 (counting 2010), you are hitting 63.8% (33 of 47).

That actually is pretty impressive, Glenn. But the fish you caught was almost 64 inches long....not 80.