SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:38 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
1) I can definitely take a little ribbing no problem there...

BUT

2) your statement is inaccurate as I started out 0-4 the first weekend and finished 7-3 after that... :cool:

...the Final Standings soon to come here...GK
[/QUOTE]So 7-7 (50%)

Somehow I am sure you will still boast that you are hitting at 80% for the playoffs when next year rolls around. :rolleyes:

Whatever are you going to do for attention for the next 7 months???

Time to invent a new plague??

I'm just having fun with you Glenn. You are one of the better "sports wagerers" I know, and nice hit on the Super Bowl! I'm happy for anyone who can make some $$$ via sports during this rough financial time for all. :D
[/QUOTE]...well I can say that up until THIS year I was definitely at 80% (or better) in 5 years of playoff/Super Bowl prognosticating (it can be proven if you would find the time to go back and check this MB over the last 5 years of SNAKEtakes - have fun with that
[/QUOTE]It took all of 10 minutes to go back and look at "SnakeTakes" from the last 4 years (there wasn't any in 2006, but you wrote in the 2007 version that you went 10-2.

Since it isn't documented, tripled with your need for attention and your creativity to spin more tall tales than a sailor, I don't think that can really count.

However, here are your PROVEN results....

2007 7-5
2008 9-2
2009 7-5
2010 7-7

So before this season, you were hitting at 65.7% (23 of 35), add in your "self proclaimed but not documented 10-2 of 2006 and you still were only hitting 70.2% (33 of 47).

Take out the 2006 phantom season and the last 4 (counting 2010), you are hitting 63.8% (33 of 47).

That actually is pretty impressive, Glenn. But the fish you caught was almost 64 inches long....not 80.
[/QUOTE]1) no "phantom" season but agreed - 70% is still pretty darn impressive over a 5 year period...

2) are you working today or what?...

...GK
[/QUOTE]So you "make up" a magical # of 80%, and instead of "owning up", you STILL have to pat yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

unreal.

Yes, another snow day, but I think you would agree that 10 minutes isn't a big part of my day.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 am

Originally posted by GK:
70% accuracy over a five year period is pretty darn impressive

I could literally walk outside in my birthday suit and start sweating within minutes...hehehe...

...GK I think I'm right there with you for the playoffs....regular season, I go down to the 55%-60% range, but that's picking practically every game and every O/U.....the Pick'em contestants can attest to that.

As for the sweating, I think the body temperature does indeed rise when people are embarrassed!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 am

2) I haven't had a snow day in nine years now...right this second, I could literally walk outside in my birthday suit and start sweating within minutes...hehehe...

...GK [/QB]Now there is a good reason for me not to live in Florida! :D

Wayne

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:18 am

This one had me laughing!

"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Sorry for screwing up your borders here.

Montana...(big gap)...then the rest.

I made a drunken note to self late last night post Superbowl...it has a conspiracy ring to it...

"When it comes to the SUPERBOWL...bet the best STORY"

The best story this year was Saints winning. Last year was not so clear...Arizona's first, or the SOLE 6th Lombardi for one franchise!? (It's go with #6 as the best story, as Warner already did the rags to riches thing.

The year before that...by far the best story was David (NY Giants) beating Goliath (Patriots).

Post 9-11 you could bank on the best story being the PATRIOTS winning.

I'll have to look over the other years to see if the drunk version of myself made sense when writing down that note to self. :D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Sorry for screwing up your borders here.

Montana...(big gap)...then the rest.

I made a drunken note to self late last night post Superbowl...it has a conspiracy ring to it...

"When it comes to the SUPERBOWL...bet the best STORY"

The best story this year was Saints winning. Last year was not so clear...Arizona's first, or the SOLE 6th Lombardi for one franchise!? (It's go with #6 as the best story, as Warner already did the rags to riches thing.

The year before that...by far the best story was David (NY Giants) beating Goliath (Patriots).

Post 9-11 you could bank on the best story being the PATRIOTS winning.

I'll have to look over the other years to see if the drunk version of myself made sense when writing down that note to self. :D While I have thought that from time to time, why not the Cardinals or Seahawks in their first ever appearances??? Probably because the Steelers simply don't lose Super Bowls (sans the one where Neil O Donnell "got paid") :D

How about the Eagles over the Patriots??? T.O playing was a HUGE story, and the Patriots already had enough.

I would of thought the BIGGER story would be the Patriots winning 20 games in a season, not the Giants winning. :confused:

Basically the "story" wins out about 50% of the time.