Tom & Greg Live Chat: 3 pm ET Today

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 am

Rivers looked real good the other night. He could be the type of QB who elevates the talent around him. If that happens, there's no reason to shy away from him even without Vincent Jackson.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 am

Phillip Rivers shouldn’t have much of a drop-off at all. He still has 7 foot receivers to throw at and their numbers (floyd) were not much lower than V-Jac last season. Also the addition of the sparkplug R. Matthews is an step up from LT.

A.A
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am

Will rivers be a top 5 qb. i dont think so. will he be a top 5-10 qb. probably so. not a lock though. weak division helps big time.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
Will rivers be a top 5 qb. i dont think so. will he be a top 5-10 qb. probably so. not a lock though. weak division helps big time. Frankie, I heard a certain Johnny Junkie may be joining you in Boston for a few drafts. If you haven't heard from him yet, work your magic and get that boy back in the NFFC. He's trying out an Online Championship league on Thursday and likely to join you for drinks in downtown Boston. Make it happen, my man!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 am

talked to him last nite. made him an offer he cant refuse. lol
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 am

So if Matthews is a step up from LT, why wouldn't we expect MORE running and LESS throwing? :confused: What about the pending holdout of Rivers' left tackle, Marcus McNeill? Do we expect his replacement to do as well protecting his blindside?

I project him to regress about halfway back to his low 3000 yard range, maybe 3600 or so. I also wouldn't expect around 30 TDs, more like 25.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:30 am

I will be doing my first DC league this year (if it fills) How about some pointers on the difference in approach for this as compared to the other leagues.

Thanks.
Joe

twiggy92

Post by twiggy92 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:31 am

Based on the scoring format changes and 3RR, what in your opinion are some of the most notable differences in draft ADP's and strategies in the NFFC in comparison to say a 14-team PPR draft with 2rb/3wr/1te/1qb, and 6pt td's ?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:40 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
I will be doing my first DC league this year (if it fills) How about some pointers on the difference in approach for this as compared to the other leagues.

Thanks. I don't change my approach early in a DC. I still want to get the best players to establish my foundation. I won't take a kicker early, for example, and pass on a strong player at another position. But once I have my foundation then I start looking to address depth and loading up at QB, Kicker and Defense especially.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 am

Originally posted by twiggy92:
Based on the scoring format changes and 3RR, what in your opinion are some of the most notable differences in draft ADP's and strategies in the NFFC in comparison to say a 14-team PPR draft with 2rb/3wr/1te/1qb, and 6pt td's ? I'm not sure there's a significant difference with those two formats. Even at 0.5 point/reception, RBs are going to be in demand. I think the same strategy would apply with both of these types of leagues. I'd expect WRs to be targeted heavily early, the top RBs to go quickly and the stud QBs to be gone early as well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich