Free Agency 2X Per Week

Samlawyer

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Samlawyer » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:42 am

Greg,

One suggestion on the moving timeframes:

Weeks 1-9 (Friday and Sunday)
Weeks 10-13 (Wednesday and Sunday)(In your post, you listed the Weeks 10-13 times as Wednesday and Friday)

King of Queens

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:43 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
Greg,

Weeks 10-13 (Wednesday and Sunday)(In your post, you listed the Weeks 10-13 times as Wednesday and Friday) Me likey!!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:47 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
Greg,

Weeks 10-13 (Wednesday and Sunday)(In your post, you listed the Weeks 10-13 times as Wednesday and Friday) Yeah, that is correct. There are no Saturday games that early, so Sunday's deadline could stay there. It's something I had been contemplating anyway since Week 2, so this is a worthy discussion to have with STATS for 2009.

See, who says the Message Boards can't be a productive place of ideas. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by RedRyder » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:48 am

Thanks Greg!

Any chance we can have LIVE Overall Standings next year?
@RedRyder

Captain Hook

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 am

Frankly I like once a week on Fridays as we have been doing.....BUT obviously the majority don't want to plan at least a week ahead for Thursday games and the NFL is not going to give them up.

SO going to two FA runs per week seems like a no-brainer.......BUT rather than change them midway through the season..........

WHY NOT just run them Wednesdays and Sundays ALL year - handles the early games, gives everyone two chances, and spreads them out a little.

ultimatefs

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 am

Two times is good... Sunday is not good.

I did a poll two weeks ago. 20% of the owners don't access their teams on Sunday due to family commitments. They set their lineup Friday or Saturday night ("Set Friday and maybe check Sunday AM" earned 43% rating of 7 choices).

I've always felt that number was around there and explains why 95% of the time, it's not someone quitting when you see a lineup issue. Church was by far #1 all the way down to Sunday AM Softball.

I've tested different times for #2 all year, and Saturday Noon ET is overwhelming the #1 choice.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

DIESEL02

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by DIESEL02 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:50 am

Just a thought with the Sunday pickups could the site have an overload of visitors causing mayhem to the access of the site i.e.. changing your lineup.

If the site can handle the traffic .I would like to see Thursday and Sunday ( 8am e.s.t.) from Week 1-13.

Just for the simple fact of me being a simpleton I like the continuity.

And for the fact it allows those of us who might work night shifts the opportunity to come home and view the latest news when we're awake.If it were on Wednesday night some of those who work nights could possibly only get Tuesdays news.
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

Ted's Cracked Head

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 am

Sundays scare me because IF there are technical issues everyone is screwed.

Now if there was a way to pick up players off of the wire after the FA period without bidding, that could be interesting?

I would put a premium price on these pickups of say 25-50 FA $$ per move. That way you pay for a Sunday morning pickup and it adds another level of strategy as you need to bank some of those dollars to make these moves. Just a thought.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Two times is good... Sunday is not good.

I did a poll two weeks ago. 20% of the owners don't access their teams on Sunday due to family commitments. They set their lineup Friday or Saturday night ("Set Friday and maybe check Sunday AM" earned 43% rating of 7 choices).

I've always felt that number was around there and explains why 95% of the time, it's not someone quitting when you see a lineup issue. Church was by far #1 all the way down to Sunday AM Softball.

I've tested different times for #2 all year, and Saturday Noon ET is overwhelming the #1 choice. I'm sorry John I don't think the level of competition here is the same as your events.

If FAAB ran at 8 AM, I would think most would have there transaction don't the night before. If you live in the west coast, they will be complete when you get up.

If you want to compete here, you have to aware the inactive players. Most players will check their lineups between 12 and 1.

Greg Ambrosius

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:10 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Thanks Greg!

Any chance we can have LIVE Overall Standings next year? Wow, I'll ask. I'm not a miracle worker -- in fact, I'm computer illiterate -- but I'll put in the request for it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius