Free Agency 2X Per Week

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:

I don't see how the Thursday game should impact the waiver period at all. I still see nothing wrong with just having it on Friday. If your only Defense or Kicker or QB is playing Thursday, screw it and leave him on the bench. Pick up someone of Friday to plug in on Sunday instead.
Pete Pete - great question....BUT if you did that wouldn't you get a message for invalid lineup?

If you did and didn't correct it would a player who was playing get scored correctly?

None of us would have done this on purpose at this point in the year....but has it happened to anyone by accident?

Greg - can you ask STATS what would happen?
[/QUOTE]There is no way you can this too many players get hurt from one week to the next.You can't plan a team from last week for the up coming Thursday night game. There players have to be available to bid on the week of the games. You can't skip a game.

mikeybok

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by mikeybok » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:54 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
There is no way you can this too many players get hurt from one week to the next.You can't plan a team from last week for the up coming Thursday night game. There players have to be available to bid on the week of the games. You can't skip a game. I think we should consider Thanksgiving week for an early supp as 3 games (six teams) are a lot. As for a single Thursday game. I think ... as long as the rules are the same for everyone ... and we all know them up front ... it's fine/fair. I personally don't want to have 2 Supps or an open add/drop period as this adds a lot of work for me.

I just don't think anyone (in contention) is picking up players off of waivers and starting them because the waiver wire has better talent than their starters. In the rare exception that someone would want to do this ... it's only a 7% chance that rare missed player who became available in a given week would be on a Thursday Team anyway ... add in the fact that if such a difference maker was available ... you could still be outbid for him if he really is such a difference maker.

Finally ... even if the 2 Thursday teams are as critical as you contend. There's a 50/50 you are the team that is helped by the Friday supp as you are the team hurt by the Friday supp as we enter the contest (by week 12 ... surely any rule will benefit one team over another based on there relative situation). KISS principle applies here IMO.

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:32 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
There is no way you can this too many players get hurt from one week to the next.You can't plan a team from last week for the up coming Thursday night game. There players have to be available to bid on the week of the games. You can't skip a game. I personally don't want to have 2 Supps or an open add/drop period as this adds a lot of work for me.

Ugly
[/QUOTE]How much more work could it be? How long did it take you to write this post? You are on these boards all the time. I don't think time is an issue for you as a fantasy football player.

GOD Hates You

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by GOD Hates You » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:47 am

I like the current setup.

mikeybok

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by mikeybok » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:48 am

How much more work could it be? How long did it take you to write this post? You are on these boards all the time. I don't think time is an issue for you as a fantasy football player. LMAO ... Thanks for making me laugh. Glad you have my free time worked out.

I'll answer your post even though you didn't address anything I posted.

I have a partner I need to coordinate supplemental picks with (I sometimes go it alone ... but whats the point of having a partner if I don't include him in team management?). This takes coordination and needs to fall into a small time window ... two such periods would be bad.

Now how about addressing my post and explain why we need to have two periods? Other than ... WE NEED THEM. What specifically is NOT true about what I posted.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by mikeybok » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:54 am

Originally posted by GOD Hates You:
I like the current setup. I'm am totally OK with the current setup. I am also OK with moving the FA to Friday. I am even OK with allowing only Thursday players picked up on Wednesday ... and having the full supp on Friday.

Two full FA planning sessions are bad and unnecessary IMO. (Regardless of how much free time others think I have! :D )
Hakuna Matata!

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:06 am

First, maybe I'm reading you wrong about this, but there is no way you can skip over the Thursday game and have a Friday only. This is a step backwards in the fantasy game.

On weeks when there are Thursday games, it sometimes forces your hand to make judgement on players when you don't have good information. So the Wednesday/Friday makes sense. I think it improves the game.

I think Greg looked at the problem with the hurricane issue and was trying to find away to avoid that situation ever again. Personally I just think two are required during this time of year when we have early games. I guess he could just push the Friday deadline back to Saturday sometime and this would avoid any game cancellation problems.

I'm really surprised you have a partner I thought you were the brains in the outfit. I guess you need some sunlight to ripen that yellow tomato!

[ November 15, 2008, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

kjduke

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by kjduke » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:42 am

First, maybe I'm reading you wrong about this, but there is no way you can skip over the Thursday game and have a Friday only. This is a step backwards in the fantasy game.

On weeks when there are Thursday games, it sometimes forces your hand to make judgement on players when you don't have good information. So the Wednesday/Friday makes sense. I think it improves the game. Shawn, your thoughts usually make so much sense to me, but ... ... I don't see the merit in having to make decisions on every player two days earlier in the week just for the sake of one game in which there might be a pair or so of relevant FAs. For most teams, most weeks, those players for which we are moving the entire FA period are entirely irrelevant.

As for your hand being forced early ... it still is because most if not all players of value will go wednesday, so it isn't like you can delay any decision on which FA's to after 'til Friday?

Lineup decision due on Thursday are for Thursday players ONLY - why should waivers be any different? All free agents that play on the weekend should be locked until Friday waivers.

[ November 15, 2008, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:05 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

On weeks when there are Thursday games, it sometimes forces your hand to make judgement on players when you don't have good information. So the Wednesday/Friday makes sense. I think it improves the game. Shawn, your thoughts usually make so much sense to me, but ... ... I don't see the merit in having to make decisions on every player two days earlier in the week just for the sake of one game in which there might be a pair or so of relevant FAs. For most teams, most weeks, those players for which we are moving the entire FA period are entirely irrelevant.

As for your hand being forced early ... it still is because most if not all players of value will go wednesday, so it isn't like you can delay any decision on which FA's to after 'til Friday?

Lineup decision due on Thursday are for Thursday players ONLY - why should waivers be any different? All free agents that play on the weekend should be locked until Friday waivers.
[/QUOTE]Kevin-You have a player like Kellen Winslow who is in the hospital with a Swollen Balls problem. You think he might play because you think it is a minor problem. You need to pick up a tight end only if you think he won't play. You are carrying a player like Ryan Torain and no second TE. On Friday you might have to information to make a decision. You would rather keep a player with upside than cut if you don't have to.

Hasselbeck is banged up on Sunday. You have a backup to play the next week, but you don't like the match up. If Hasselbeck is out, you might consider Wallace to play. You don't really have a need to pick him up unless Hasselbeck is ruled out. After Friday's practice you will have your answer.

kjduke

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by kjduke » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:09 am

I agree with you Shawn, which argues that waivers for weekend players should NOT run on Wednesday, but rather on Friday ... so why are you arguing for Wednesday waivers, or am I wrong on that?

[ November 15, 2008, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]