R.I.P. WCOFF

Greg Ambrosius

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Sorry to drag this up, but I'm sure some folks here are interested to know that the first civil suit has come to the forefront:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 0f31a.html

BY ROBERT PATRICK • [email protected] > 314-621-5154 STLtoday.com | Posted: Monday, November 7, 2011 5:17 pm

ST. LOUIS • A Nevada man says that a St. Charles County fantasy football league failed to pay him $95,000 in prizes.

The claims come in a federal civil suit filed Friday in St. Louis that says Cary Katz paid $25,000 to Gridiron Fantasy Sports LLC, which runs the World Championship of Fantasy Football, to enter one contest and $5,000 to enter another in the fall of 2010. The suit says he won $65,000 in the first and $30,000 in the second, but was never paid.

The company and part-owner Dustin Ashby did not return calls and emails seeking comment Monday.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KenGill

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by KenGill » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 pm

This is good news. Let's hope there are many more civil or CRIMINAL lawsuits. STEALING is still a crime in my book.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Tom Kessenich

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:59 am

Here is a new link with information about the lawsuit:

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/missou ... 31/116886/
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by thegambler » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 am

i wonder if any of the little guys are getting together to file as a group? some of us are owed too small of an amount to file alone....but as a group maybe we can get something back.

who else here is owed money?

i am only owed $300 and my brother is owed $625.

Fro

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Fro » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:55 am

Looks like their website is back up.

http://www.wcofs.com/site/wcofs

thegambler

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by thegambler » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:56 am

Originally posted by Fro:
Looks like their website is back up.

http://www.wcofs.com/site/wcofs wonder why??? :confused:

Jersey Dawg

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:43 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
i wonder if any of the little guys are getting together to file as a group? some of us are owed too small of an amount to file alone....but as a group maybe we can get something back.

who else here is owed money?

i am only owed $300 and my brother is owed $625. I am owed $3500. I would join in. Not sure how these things work. Never had to sue anyone, never thought I would have to. My buddy is owed $300. Sure he would hop on board too.

Not sure why the site is alive again. Lots of zombie movies out there, maybe WCOFF has joined the living dead.

Pete

[ November 08, 2011, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

shralpilators

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by shralpilators » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:04 am

From an email I received at the end of September:

Chris,

I am forwarding this email to all affected that have submitted their information to the FPA. They can contact you for any/next steps.

WCOFF Winners,

From all of us at the FPA, we want to extend a thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We started the FPA for this very reason, to bring the fantasy players together and to provide more transparency to this industry we all still love. We have thought long and hard for months how to best proceed with the situation caused by the gross negligence of Gridiron and their partners. Today we received word from Chris Banks from Burnett Evans Banks LLC, out of Missouri. They have decided to move forward with representation for the players, being retained by Tony Windis and Chad Schroeder. Here is the contact information and correspondence below. Feel free to email Chris at your convenience.

We aren't going anywhere and will continue to stay involved until the very end. Feel free to email us with any questions or concerns,

Scott Atkins
President
Fantasy Players Association
[email protected]

I apologize for the lack of updates the last 3 weeks. I assure you I have been working behind the scenes to help resolve this matter, but to this point I have honored a confidentiality agreement as to my involvement. As of this time I can tell you that I have been retained by Tony Windis and Chad Schroeder, the two players owed the largest amounts by WCOFF. I will be working with them to formulate a demand upon Gridiron for money owed. The vast majority of the demand we create will apply to all of your cases as well. Thus, my plan is to formulate the demand and then send out retainer agreements to all of you. If you would like me to represent you, I will send out the same demand, but with your information included. At this point, there are some ongoing developments that may change things, but unfortunately I am unable to disclose those at this time. Rest assured that I am going to do everything possible to try and recover player funds, but it may be a slow process, as we work to find out exactly where the money went, who took it or spent it, and whether or not any remains. I will continue to keep you all posted on developments. It is important to me to help all of you get you money back, regardless of the size of the amount owed. My hope is that all of you can benefit from the hard work that will be put in on this case by our firm with the help of the some of the biggest players. Hope all of your teams are doing well this season!
--
Chris Banks
Burnett Evans Banks LLC
1114 W. Main St.
Blue Springs, MO 64015
(816) 807-8151 - Cell
(816) 224-9500 - Office
(816) 224-9503 - Fax
[email protected]

shralpilators

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by shralpilators » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:12 am

Mid October email. I'm owed $5700

Hello,

This is Cady West, personal assistant for Chris Banks, the attorney handling the WCOFF cases. A few weeks ago, Scott Atkins from the Fantasy Players Association forwarded Mr. Banks' latest update to hundreds of individuals who are owed money by WCOFF and as a result he received over 50 calls and many emails. He has been very busy with this case, but wanted me to e-mail each individual to let you know that we did receive your request and we will be providing you with updates as often as possible.
I know that several of you have questions about the retainer fee. Chris advised me that his first step is to draft a demand and after that he will be sending out a retainer, at which point each individual can decide whether they want to be represented by Burnett Evans Banks.

As far as how long this case may take, it is impossible to tell at this point, but Mr. Banks is working to try and facilitate a resolution as quickly as possible. He will provide updates through the list-serve as they become available.

We deeply appreciate all of your interests in going forward with this case. If you have any further questions at this point please feel free to contact me at 816-224-9500, and I will do my best to answer those questions.

Thanks,

Cady West
Personal Assistant to Chris Banks
Burnett Evans Banks
1114 Main Street
Blue Springs, MO 64015

[ November 09, 2011, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: shralpilators ]

shralpilators

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by shralpilators » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:16 am

I've heard nothing since the above emails were received.

I guess I'll put a little effort in over the next couple of days to see if there are any updates....

jeez, it's like I don't even give a crap about 5700...

I wish it was like MIB and I could get my memory Zapped.