R.I.P. WCOFF

Raiders

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Raiders » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
quote:Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:
I

I think a lawsuit against ESPN and Suzy Kolber personally would get the attention necessary. We have a new leader in the "Dumbest thing I have ever read on a message board" contest.
[/QUOTE]I am sure the lawyers thought it would be dumb to include Anheuser-Busch in the great white rhode island concert.

They paid millions for being the beer sponsored at the concert.

Yes many people died at the fault of other people but anheuser paid the largest payout because of the bad pr they could get.

In this case everyone paid all the way down to the people who built the stage and even the ceiling tile company.

Why not include espn in the lawsuit with the hope of getting paid by someone?

It is law 101 sue anyone that has anything to do with the event.

Venetian, espn, Suzy kolber, and any other group/person that had their name mentioned in the 2010 wcoff event.

I find the dumbest people in the world always try to bash anything they can't understand.

For once think outside the box.
[/QUOTE]Yep, all good points.

I have to say, I really wish most would have listen to me rather than throw stones at me. Walking away from Fantasy Football was a hard thing for me to do, but I stand by everything I have said and posted.

Everything!

Happy Turkey day too all!

[ November 24, 2011, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

texasducks69

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by texasducks69 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:28 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
I

I think a lawsuit against ESPN and Suzy Kolber personally would get the attention necessary. We have a new leader in the "Dumbest thing I have ever read on a message board" contest.
[/QUOTE]I am sure the lawyers thought it would be dumb to include Anheuser-Busch in the great white rhode island concert.

Yes many people died at the fault of other people but anheuser paid the largest payout because of the bad pr they could get.

In this case everyone paid all the way down to the people who built the stage and even the ceiling tile company.

Venetian, espn, Suzy kolber, and any other group/person that had their name mentioned in the 2010 wcoff event.

I find the dumbest people in the world always try to bash anything they can't understand.

I have to say, I really wish most would have listen to me rather than throw stones at me. Walking away from Fantasy Football was a hard thing for me to do, but I stand by everything I have said and posted.

Everything!

[/QUOTE]I'm sure you do John, every post. Just like this one from 3/11/11

Jesse and Dustin are nice guys and Good people. I can't see them not paying out. Time has past and I was way wrong about what I posted last year. WCOFF is moving in the right direction.

Or these from 3/15

Very little if any. Here's why. It's not like WCOFF has paid on time since Dustin and Jesse have taken over. This happens every year. There busy with Baseball and making that a Top Contest as well as making it fun for everyone else. They want to win the same award in Baseball that they win in Football every year. So things are Good and I can't wait for Baseball to start, let alone Football

Alot, I'll get into it when things calm down. But I'm happy with the direction that WCOFF is headed. Very happy. So will everyone else!

I guess when you bet on every team in a game you can always claim to be a winner.

Raiders

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Raiders » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 am

Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
I

Everything!

[/QUOTE]I'm sure you do John, every post. Just like this one from 3/11/11

Jesse and Dustin are nice guys and Good people. I can't see them not paying out. Time has past and I was way wrong about what I posted last year. WCOFF is moving in the right direction.

Or these from 3/15

Very little if any. Here's why. It's not like WCOFF has paid on time since Dustin and Jesse have taken over. This happens every year. There busy with Baseball and making that a Top Contest as well as making it fun for everyone else. They want to win the same award in Baseball that they win in Football every year. So things are Good and I can't wait for Baseball to start, let alone Football

Alot, I'll get into it when things calm down. But I'm happy with the direction that WCOFF is headed. Very happy. So will everyone else!

I guess when you bet on every team in a game you can always claim to be a winner.
[/QUOTE]Thanks, for re-posting those.
I do beleive that those posts were made right after (A player) said that he never said or told me that Jesse had stakes in other teams. As well as some teams in the Platium League did not pay full price. Since two players are now partners or have split teams this year I do find it Interesting, don't you?

Like I said everyone had problems with me telling it like it is, but in the end WCOFF came thru and showed there true colors' . I do thank them for that.

Rest in Peace Mr. Davis!

Greg Ambrosius

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:35 am

I think there's another forum you guys can play on if you want to talk about this deceased contest that screwed many of our players out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. That playground isn't here.

Please take your accusations elsewhere. We don't need that here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Raiders » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:06 am

Please take your accusations elsewhere.

Why? The problem all started with Jesse splitting teams in his own contest, this is a Fact. In the Platium League teams paid half price, not all but at least 2 teams, this is also a Fact.

We need to not make the same mistakes again over and over. Too many Contests have not paid out this is also a Fact. More so this can happen again like it has every year for the last 5 years.

Fantasy Football is a mess and no one really cares or seems to care to fix the problems, at least I can say I tried and Greg you know that is True.

thegambler

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by thegambler » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:14 am

greg, just move the thread down to the non-fantasy football spot. that way people can get what they want off of their chests.

Greg Ambrosius

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Please take your accusations elsewhere.

Why? The problem all started with Jesse splitting teams in his own contest, this is a Fact. In the Platium League teams paid half price, not all but at least 2 teams, this is also a Fact.

We need to not make the same mistakes again over and over. Too many Contests have not paid out this is also a Fact. More so this can happen again like it has every year for the last 5 years.

Fantasy Football is a mess and no one really cares or seems to care to fix the problems, at least I can say I tried and Greg you know that is True. John, there's little doubt that our industry needs better self-policing and we've only hurt ourselves with each financial snafu that has taken prize money away from our best customers. What Jesse and Dustin did will hurt the industry for years and years to come. Hopefully the customers will eventually get some payback for their hard work, but I'm not hopeful.

You should be careful with your hearsay becoming facts, John. You threw your "facts" against the wall on Fanball and spewed it as gospel because you heard bravado from someone. You did all you could to make us look bad in a situation we were not involved in. You ran with it and ran with it as if you had factual information, when all you had was one person bragging about ownership at a bar. It's libelous when you do that with the written word and I wish someone had pursued it.

You are not the caped crusader this industry needs John. You're not a reporter or an investigator. You take what you hear and spew it as facts, hurting anyone in the way. We don't need that here, even when it pertains to the WCOFF. What we need is honest game operators paying folks in full and on time and hopefully the industry is rid of the million dollar offers and exhorbitant grand prizes that are propped up by unique accounting. We'll never do that here.

If this ever happens again, I hope the industry watchdog is someone who uncovers facts and tells the whole world. Maybe I'll wear that cape the next time.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Raiders

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Raiders » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:31 am

Maybe I'll wear that cape the next time.

How? Everyone is a Great guy to you that rips players off.

'when all you had was one person bragging about ownership at a bar.'
That person was Ryan Houston. How did that work out?

Stan posted that Fanball owned 25%. Funny the same number Ryan gave me at the 'Bar'. It was at the table eatting.

I received a email from a player who said he only paid 1/2 price when most others paid full price in a 25,000 buy in. Another player had the same deal, now those two players are spitting teams this year. Again I find that interesting, no more no less.

I've told many players about NFFC as well as FFPC and WCOFF and you know this is true. I have spoke well about you and the Contest that you run. But I also have to bring up things that I find out that hurt NFFC or WCOFF.

Greg do you find it alittle funny that Fanball paid out months later after what I posted?
Did the Overall winner ever get paid?

Thanks

Greg Ambrosius

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:48 am

John, if you are posting that Fanball owned 25% of FFOC, then you better have facts of that. That's amazing that you would post that. Show me your facts first of all that they owned ANY percentage. And then definitely show 25%. WOW!!!

You can hear a lot of things John and still not post them as gospel. Do you know why? Because they aren't FACTS. You actually have to get facts to know them.

Fanball was hired by FFOC to pay prizes. They paid prizes that FFOC requested. Do you really think YOU did that John?? WOW.

The overall winner gets paid just like the contest stated. Do you think he would be silent if he wasn't getting paid. But you already knew that, right John?

Tom Kessenich

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 am

John, to follow up on Greg's post - Fanball was owned by Liberty Media, a publicly traded company. It would have been extremely easy for someone to find out what ownership percentage, if any, Fanball had with FFOC at that time. Like Greg said, if you have facts which show Liberty had a 25% ownership share of FFOC beyond the alleged statements of Ryan Houston in a bar perhaps you would like to share them with us.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich