rate my team

mattjb

rate my team

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:14 am

you threw away 4 picks (1qb, 1 kicker, 2 defenses) these are picks where you need to hit gold to win your league. that team looks in trouble i'm afraid to say.

shralpilators

rate my team

Post by shralpilators » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:20 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
you threw away 4 picks (1qb, 1 kicker, 2 defenses) these are picks where you need to hit gold to win your league. that team looks in trouble i'm afraid to say. Heh, the last couple picks are worthless...I took SF D so I didnt have to face them in week 1 and Cam for fun....the hitting gold would have been doucet or hill type picks...waiver wire fodder.

My gold is Jennings, Carter and JStew.
MY FA money goes all to WR.

Starting RB's, TE / Flex and D / K are stout as can be imho. And as I said, I love Stafford, he's a top 6 QB to me.

so, my only hole is #3 WR.

What other hole is there?

mattjb

rate my team

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 am

You have no QB1 and as you say no WR3. The lack of depth ar WR means you need some luck on the waiver wire. If Stafford stays healthy and you get that luck on the waiver wire you can compete for sure. I will respectfully disagree that any pick is 'worthless'

thegambler

rate my team

Post by thegambler » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:27 am

Originally posted by shralpilators:
To give the draft some perspective...VJax went 13th.

You likely got VJax at 23? yeah i got v-jax at 23....was surprised to get him that late.

Ry's Guys

rate my team

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:36 am

IMO too many DST's,K's and QB's. As others have said your depth is very questionable. I know Marshall and Felix have the same bye week. Unless MSW really picks it up quickly you've got a lot of ??? and not enough depth to cover your flex and WR3 in those weeks.

You should always have more than 10 rb/wrs, especially rostering 20 slots.

I agree on Stafford but would have liked to see you get a better QB2 since he is fragile.

AP and Felix gives you a very nice one-two punch at RB!
Pat Sorge

David U. Kennedy

rate my team

Post by David U. Kennedy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by shralpilators:
]What top TE was available in round 6.
You took Rice or the Law Firm there ... I would have gone a different route but other then that...it's a very good top 5. the te's available in the end of the 6th were:

jimmy graham no, owen daniels hou, mercedes lweis jack and brandon pettigrew det
I never understood why guys take this veiw on 2 players from the same team. Makes zero sense to me. Draft guys how you have them personally ranked despite if they are on the same team. I will gladly take A Rogers J Finley and G Jennings on my team. Or A Foster and A Johnson. This tactic won me 2 titles a couple of years ago in the online ch. I drafted R Moss first and Welker in the 3rd.
i had the 2nd pick....so end of the 6th and beginning of the 7th (no 3RR). i took the law firm in the 6th and with the swing i took rice. looking back maybe i should have gone with daniels but i already had foster and didn't want two main starters from the same team.
[/QUOTE]