Post-Lockout Thread (Free Agency, Trades, Camps Let's Talk About It)

Erok

Post by Erok » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:08 pm

They just said they may very well resign all or most of them.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:28 pm

THANK GOODNESS this mess is over with. I slipped in one last three-day weekend knowing that the lockout was still on until Monday and missed all of the news of the day, but I followed it on Twitter all day and was happy with the news. Now seeing the press conference and Jeff Saturday hugging Mr. Kraft, I feel good. I feel like it's a good CBA for the players, a good one for the owners and a great one for the fans. We have at least 10 years of labor peace and the draft stays intact, all teams are required to compete for players and parity should reign supreme. Everyone wins.

It looks like the 18-game regular season will be an annual debate starting in 2013, so be ready for that. Other than that, I like it all. Bring on free agency and Friday at 6 pm ET should BE FREAKIN' WILD!!! Wow, get ready for an entire weekend of free agent signings. We'll do our best to create one thread to discuss all of the major signings and do all we can to keep everyone abreast of all the football news. We're all football now from here through the end of the season. LET'S DO IT!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm so fired up for football I just ordered five tickets to next Saturday's practice at Lambeau Field. Only in Green Bay can they sell out a practice/scrimmage at Lambeau Field. Got 50-yard line seats for the family and can hardly wait to return to see the defending Super Bowl Champions!!! Should be fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm so fired up for football I just ordered five tickets to next Saturday's practice at Lambeau Field. Only in Green Bay can they sell out a practice/scrimmage at Lambeau Field. Got 50-yard line seats for the family and can hardly wait to return to see the defending Super Bowl Champions!!! Should be fun. Greg,

Don't forget the keep thanking the Lions for beating the Bucs in the next to last week in OT. The Pack was out without it. With that said, enjoy the ride. The Lions will Roar this year!!!!
Joe

SS

Post by SS » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Greg, you can also thank the Chicago Bears for not caring about the last week of the regular season
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:13 am

Originally posted by Money:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm so fired up for football I just ordered five tickets to next Saturday's practice at Lambeau Field. Only in Green Bay can they sell out a practice/scrimmage at Lambeau Field. Got 50-yard line seats for the family and can hardly wait to return to see the defending Super Bowl Champions!!! Should be fun. Greg,

Don't forget the keep thanking the Lions for beating the Bucs in the next to last week in OT. The Pack was out without it. With that said, enjoy the ride. The Lions will Roar this year!!!!
[/QUOTE]I know the Lions helped us out and so did the Giants by blowing that big lead against the Eagles. That was a WILD DAY!!! Packers lost to the Patriots that night without Rodgers, but the Lions and Eagles kept them "in the game" and all they had to do was win their final games to get in the playoffs and they did. It was amazing.

Joe, your Lions are ready to ROAR this year, no doubt. If they can learn to win the close games -- and they did during the last three weeks of the season -- they will be tough to beat. I can see the Lions competing for the division title and a wild card spot this year. I hope it happens, for your sake. I know you're a DIE-HARD Lions fans. Best of luck this year and let's hook up for beers in Vegas.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:20 am

How does Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Santana Moss sounds for a starting lineup of WR's in New England?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
How does Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Santana Moss sounds for a starting lineup of WR's in New England? small.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
How does Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Santana Moss sounds for a starting lineup of WR's in New England? I think they should go after Sidney Rice. He was a stud with Favre and would obviously have huge upside with Brady as well.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:01 am

How bout Zach Miller to St. Louis. That would give Bradford a security blanket on 3rd down and open SJax some running room. And please Carolina dont resign Deangelo. That would plain suck. Sid Rice would be a nice fit for the Bears. They made big splash last year with Peppers. Why not Rice this year? Lastly could my Buff Bills please obtain a QB worth buying a ticket for. And maybe a tackle to protect him. I like Chan Gailey but the drafting has been horrendous ( besides the Dareus pick).