Post-Lockout Thread (Free Agency, Trades, Camps Let's Talk About It)

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:17 pm

williams to carolina, what does that say about their faith in stewart? not good..

williams must be loving life the only back in history to cash in when he doesnt' even play half the time..lol

denver should be ashamed not grabbing him.

denver's running game is going to suck unless they go to plan b and grab bradshaw.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 am

Reggie Bush to the Dolphins. That makes perfect sense. As I've been saying, the Dolphins believe Daniel Thomas can be a lead back. What they needed was a 3rd-down RB and someone to add more juice to the passing game. Bush gives them that.

Both Thomas and Bush are undervalued in drafts right now. It's a dead heat between Thomas and Mark Ingram as to which rookie RB will carry more value. I keep going back and forth as to which one I like more.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 am

James Jones' name is being floated in connection with the Vikings. They obviously need WR help in the worst way and he should be able to start there. If he is a starter, he would become a viable WR3 in my opinion despite his concentration issues. McNabb still throws the deep ball well and Jones can stretch the field.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:59 am

Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas...Bush is always sharing time with a "Thomas". ;) . Bush' value should be identical to last year, and Daniel Thomas stays exactly where his ADP has been, in my opinion. One thing that comes to mind is field position for the Dolphins. I think they're going to have some big plays on Special teams this year. Also, word is that Lance Moore is throwing a going away party for Bush. Lol. No one benefits more than him in this whole move.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 am

I think Thomas' ADP should rise but I'm hoping it doesn't in the drafts I'm in. :D He should get 15+ touches per game and is the clear lead back. Bush isn't a threat to him there. Where Bush could hurt Thomas a bit is in the Red Zone. Bush has typically been a strong source for touchdowns (last season being the first exception).

I do think Bush could see a slight uptick in touches in Miami. But overall this is a good move for fantasy owners because it means one more clear lead back is in the mix. I thought all along the Dolphins would pursue a third-down RB. As I said yesterday, it didn't make sense to me that they would draft Thomas and then spend a ton of money in free agency on another feature back.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:49 am

Kolb trade is now official. Gigantic upgrade at QB for the Cardinals and gives Fitz a chance in my opinion to regain elite WR1 status. I've moved him up to fourth on my WR rankings behind only Andre Johnson, Roddy White and Megatron. I'd view Kolb as a rock-solid QB2.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 am

Do the Buffalo Bills even have a pulse in free agency? Pulse period? Everybody in the division has actively improved their team with signings. They let posluzny go and make zero moves. Pats get haynesworth for a 5th rounder, miami obtains bush and probly orton. The jets resign holmes and are going after Namdi. It truly sucks being a Bills Fan. Whats the deal? They waiting to move to LA? Its a good thing I have Fantasy Football to lean on. Has Ralph Wilson lost his Marbles? Go Sabres!!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 am

The Bills just signed WR Brad Smith.

Championship?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Erok

Post by Erok » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 am

A day later and still...............

*I have no idea what the Redskins are thinking.

* I know Carolina had to spend money, but they literally wasted millions to do so.

* I cant believe Rice went to Seattle. Not sure why Seattle pursued him that hard either. Seattle has a stable of solid wide receivers now and not one QB to consistently get them the ball.

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:10 am

Originally posted by Erok:
A day later and still...............

*I have no idea what the Redskins are thinking.

* I know Carolina had to spend money, but they literally wasted millions to do so.

* I cant believe Rice went to Seattle. Not sure why Seattle pursued him that hard either. Seattle has a stable of solid wide receivers now and not one QB to consistently get them the ball. Enter Kyle Orton??? OOOPS, I forgot they just signed TJax and they're after Lienart. Along with Charlie, they have become a BACKUP QB haven.. :(
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!