Post-Lockout Thread (Free Agency, Trades, Camps Let's Talk About It)

Erok

Post by Erok » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Originally posted by KyThunder:
quote:Originally posted by Erok:
A day later and still...............

*I have no idea what the Redskins are thinking.

* I know Carolina had to spend money, but they literally wasted millions to do so.

* I cant believe Rice went to Seattle. Not sure why Seattle pursued him that hard either. Seattle has a stable of solid wide receivers now and not one QB to consistently get them the ball. Enter Kyle Orton??? OOOPS, I forgot they just signed TJax and they're after Lienart. Along with Charlie, they have become a BACKUP QB haven.. :(
[/QUOTE]They should go get Orton, but I doubt it. I think Pete Carroll will be the next college coach to fail within the next 2-3 years. You have to have a QB in this league nowadays and yet there are teams who do not get this point. :(

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Kolb trade is now official. Gigantic upgrade at QB for the Cardinals and gives Fitz a chance in my opinion to regain elite WR1 status. I've moved him up to fourth on my WR rankings behind only Andre Johnson, Roddy White and Megatron. I'd view Kolb as a rock-solid QB2. Tom, I don't have all the data in front of me right now, but with Breaston gone, and Boldin gone last year, who is left in ARI to take some double-coverage heat off Fitz? They don't even have a viable TE, do they? Fitz was productive when Boldin was there. But with no other receiving threats???

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:32 am

What do you guys think about Sproles to the Saints? He should be just as much a receiver if not better than Bush. More explosive for sure. Maybe 60 or 70 catches 6 tds and 1000 combined yards sound about right? Or is he more the return guy and Ingram a true workhorse back?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 am

Sounds like the Cardinals are interested in Malcolm Floyd. He'd be a fine No. 2 alongside Fitz. James Jones would be another good fit if he doesn't re-sign with the Packers or go to Minnesota.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 am

Originally posted by wahoo:
What do you guys think about Sproles to the Saints? He should be just as much a receiver if not better than Bush. More explosive for sure. Maybe 60 or 70 catches 6 tds and 1000 combined yards sound about right? Or is he more the return guy and Ingram a true workhorse back? I could see him supplanting Thomas the No. 2 RB. I think Thomas would be the starter if Ingram got hurt but I think Sproles offers more explosiveness as a third-down RB than Thomas. Pierre Thomas' fantasy value is non-existent right now in my opinion.

I love what the Saints have done in the backfield. They've gone from Thomas/Bush/Ivory to Ingram/Sproles/Thomas. That's nice work right there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Sounds like the Cardinals are interested in Malcolm Floyd. He'd be a fine No. 2 alongside Fitz. James Jones would be another good fit if he doesn't re-sign with the Packers or go to Minnesota. Agreed Tom. But without a signing like those, I think #4 WR is a stretch for Fitz, no?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Sounds like the Cardinals are interested in Malcolm Floyd. He'd be a fine No. 2 alongside Fitz. James Jones would be another good fit if he doesn't re-sign with the Packers or go to Minnesota. Agreed Tom. But without a signing like those, I think #4 WR is a stretch for Fitz, no? [/QUOTE]Not given his talent. I also think Kolb can be, at least, an above-average starter. I think that's all Fitz needs to return to elite fantasy status. If Kolb is better than that, his potential rises even more.

Fitz had absolute garbage at QB last season and still ranked 11th in NFFC scoring among WRs. Any kind of upgrade at all boosts him to Top 10 status. That's been done in my opinion. So if Kolb is just decent, I believe that could push Fitz back to the Top 5 range.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:59 am

But ARI also LOST a WR in Breaston, which could slightly offset. I hope you're right about another signing. Fitz belongs up there.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 am

I expect the Cardinals to sign a WR who will replace Breaston. Not worried there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:38 am

I can't imagine that they wouldn't. Floyd? Edwards? Or can Edwards go back to CLE now that Lebron's gone? Burress? JJones? Or Randy??? :eek:

[ July 29, 2011, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]