Draft Process: Are You In Favor Of A Change?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:56 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i know for a fact that some people have many MB monikers. How many do you have? :cool: [/QUOTE]how many 'yes' votes are there
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

esorob

Post by esorob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:14 am

I maybe one of the few who say if its not broke, dont fix it.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:23 am

Originally posted by Rob June:
I maybe one of the few who say if its not broke, dont fix it. the world was fine without tv's and mircowaves, but i bet you use them

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:34 am

Originally posted by Rob June:
I maybe one of the few who say if its not broke, dont fix it. You're not alone, Rob, you're not alone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:20 am

I do think most high stakes players do find it appealing to have some control over where on a draft board they will be placed.

Greg,

You brought up the derby style format. I still cannot see a "downside" to it. I know there is still some "randomness" to it in that some people still get picked for what preferred spot they are to get while others get a less preferred spot. But I would bet in almost ever league that every owner will end up with a spot in their top 50% of preferences. To me, that sends more owners into the draft with a positive or good taste in their mouth...

keith

Post by keith » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:24 am

I voted No. I have to agree with Rob June, if its not broke dont try to fix it. Ive spent years as a commisioner in a local league and the first thing you learn is there is no way to satisfy everyone. The only way i vote yes if the league's survival counts on it, but i dont think does, i already have another family member who wishes to join next year.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:53 am

june and liddi - curious, are you in the nffc this year?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:55 am

Originally posted by renman:
You brought up the derby style format. I still cannot see a "downside" to it. I know there is still some "randomness" to it in that some people still get picked for what preferred spot they are to get while others get a less preferred spot. But I would bet in almost ever league that every owner will end up with a spot in their top 50% of preferences. To me, that sends more owners into the draft with a positive or good taste in their mouth... kentucky dufus method will NEVER pass. it has the potential to be more unfair than the current 100% random selection.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:58 am

Originally posted by liddicoat:
I voted No. I have to agree with Rob June, if its not broke dont try to fix it. Ive spent years as a commisioner in a local league and the first thing you learn is there is no way to satisfy everyone. The only way i vote yes if the league's survival counts on it, but i dont think does, i already have another family member who wishes to join next year. may i ask why you aren't in favor of the BDDS system, other than "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? if that's your only answer, that's okay too. thanks.

Bret Borg

Post by Bret Borg » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:14 am

For those of you looking to change how future draft positions are determined, I've got two words to say: "GROW UP"...well, maybe a few more words..."YOU CONTROLLING WHINERS!!!" Accept your destiny!!!

I have chosen NOT to read your "sorry "a*&%#*$*" reasons why the rules should change, 'cuz there is not one good reason. True randomness is the best method and IT SHOULD STAY! Currently, it looks like a change is being supported by 60% of the voters. The time to ask this question is not after LT and Shaun go off on a TD tear. Take emotion out of it & those who are mature enough to acknowledge it, know that a random drawing is the best method. I'd bet that those wanting to change the draft order determination are LOSING this year. Don't blame your lousy team on your draft position & ask the COMMISH to change the rules. I draft in the 12th position, am not doing very well (3-4), but NOT because I drafted at 12.

GROW UP, accept the true randomness of the current rules. Changing them would be a HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

For those veterans who truly know fantasy football, know that luck has A LOT to do with the eventual winner. Just ask those who drafted A. Green, McAllister, Javon, etal. LET RANDOM DRAWINGS CONTINUE...PLEASE!!!!!!!! It is the "fairest" & best method to determine draft order.

Signed,

A Grown-up Veteran of Fantasy Football and Fan of the NFFC & its Commissioners! You're doing great!!!