Week 16 Thoughts

sportsbettingman

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I think the fraud is the entire AFC North...watching how the AFC West who most considered the doormat of the entire NFL pre-season, pretty much held their own to beat the North overall. Yet two of San Diego's three losses came against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. :confused:

San Diego is better than any team in the AFC North (maybe best in the AFC) However, I would EASILY take Cincinnati, Baltimore, AND Pittsburgh over Denver ANY day!

And Cleveland beat the other two doormats of the AFC West the past two weeks.

I'm so embarassed as a Steelers fan we lost to Kansas City, Oakland, AND Cleveland!
[/QUOTE]Injuries are as key in real life (Polomalu) as they are in a fantasy game.

Everyone :D beat San Diego early in the season before they gelled.

Mon 9/14 Oakland Raiders at Oakland (0-0) W 24 - 20
Sun 9/20 Baltimore Ravens Baltimore (1-0) L 26 - 31
Sun 9/27 Miami Dolphins Miami (0-2) W 23 - 13
Sun 10/4 Pittsburgh Steelers at Pittsburgh (1-2) L 28 - 38
Bye
Mon 10/19 Denver Broncos Denver (5-0) L 23 - 34

Note for next year...beat the Chargers EARLY (could be a Norv Turner soft offseason type thing)...because San Diego finishes STRONG!!!
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Eddiejag

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:03 am

MY week 16 thoughts is how my Cowboys came on in the fantsy playoffs.Marion Barber scoring 3 touchdowns and avg over 20 points .Miles Austin my new favorite Cowboy was awesome down the stretch.
Witten going over 100 yards when i needed him and the Cowboys BIG D getting a shut out this week.
Steve Smith scoring 46 points the last 2 weeks finally showed up big.Santonio Holmes scoring 19 points in my super bowl.Adrian Peterson with a big night and helping not just my team but the overall winner in the NFFC main event [1 800 go deep]
Sidney Rice is a beast but what happens if Farve retires.Was that really Jay Cutler last night what a game in freezing weather.Matt Forte destroyed many a fantasy football team and finished up with another bust game.
Congrad's to all the people that won there Super Bowls as it always comes down to how much money you can make playing this game.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Tom Kessenich

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 am

I think the NFC is loaded with their playoff teams. I think each of the six teams is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. That doesn't mean all of them are great, it means all of them have flaws of some kind but are explosive enough to make a run when the playoffs begin.

I think the best offense in the NFC right now belongs to the Eagles. Westbrook looked real fresh in his return and McNabb is throwing the ball as well as ever with dynamic weapons in the passing game. The big question is which NFC defense will show up in the playoffs? Dallas looks to be playing the best defense of any team right now and I think we'll learn a lot about the Cowboys and Eagles on Sunday.

The AFC looks very weak to me. It will be interesting to see what ramifications, if any, we see from the Colts quitting. The Patriots have been uneven all season long. The Bengals look like a fraud given how badly they struggle against poor teams. The Jets have no business being in the playoffs in my opinion. The team to watch appears to be the Chargers. Philip Rivers is having a sensational season and that's another team with a passing attack that's so explosive it can counter the flaws it has elsewhere (specifically on defense and with the running game).
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich