Anthony Gonzalez

King of Queens

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Not season ending, but not good...

rkulaski

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by rkulaski » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:49 pm

According to Polian (quoted by the indy star paper), we'll know the details by tomorrow.

Definitely good news and maybe it really only will be 4 weeks or so. The Colts' bye is earlier in the season (i think) so the bye week might save him one less missed game.

chriseibl

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:55 pm

as long as its not season ending, which at this point it appears that it isnt based on that indy star article... i'm happy.

now he has a chance to prove hes a top 40 player the 2nd half of the season

pizzatyme

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 pm

Originally posted by chriseibl:
as long as its not season ending, which at this point it appears that it isnt based on that indy star article... i'm happy.

now he has a chance to prove hes a top 40 player the 2nd half of the season Or not. ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Anthony Gonzalez - WR - IND - Sep. 14 - 9:17 p.m. ET
Colts president Bill Polian said Monday that Anthony Gonzalez's knee injury will not end his season.
However, Polian confirmed that Gonzalez has multiple sprained ligaments and says the Colts will sign a veteran wideout if doctors deem the injury a four or more week ordeal. It won't be Marvin Harrison. Indy was already reported to be in pursuit of Bobby Wade, but he signed with Kansas City. Other options may include Amani Toomer, Jerry Porter, and ex-Colt John Standeford.

Multiple sprained ligaments doesn't sound like a short-term injury to me. I'm hopeful however!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

D-Day Heroes

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by D-Day Heroes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Anthony Gonzalez - WR - IND - Sep. 14 - 9:17 p.m. ET
Colts president Bill Polian said Monday that Anthony Gonzalez's knee injury will not end his season.
However, Polian confirmed that Gonzalez has multiple sprained ligaments and says the Colts will sign a veteran wideout if doctors deem the injury a four or more week ordeal. It won't be Marvin Harrison. Indy was already reported to be in pursuit of Bobby Wade, but he signed with Kansas City. Other options may include Amani Toomer, Jerry Porter, and ex-Colt John Standeford.

Multiple sprained ligaments doesn't sound like a short-term injury to me. I'm hopeful however! It won't Be Marvelous Marvin , are you sure ;)
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Team Legacy

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Anytime you count on a player like Anthony Gonzalez to be your #1 WR, you're taking a HUGE risk. Regardless of his projections (which mine are inline with Mark's) if he goes down with injury, you're saying that your NEW #1 WR is going to be on par with a Santana Moss/Derek Mason type.

If you "go for broke" with this strategy, you're really advancing either your QB or your RB3, so you're getting an advantage somewhere, but taking a ton of risk at the WR position. Personally, it's not usually a risk I'm willing to take when spending this type of cash. So while this injury is going to hurt your chances to win, it's not the injury that hurts. It's the decision to overlook the WR position and gamble that might cost you.

Full disclaimer, I drafted AGonzo as my WR2 in the primetime league behind Steve Smith. These aren't 8-10 team yahoo leagues.

In 14 team nffc leagues, if someone starts off with Adrian Peterson and Marion Barber, then with 3RR, I see no problem with taking A Gonzalez as your #1 WR. No one is going for broke. What are the other options at that point?
Gonzo had some great games last year, is now in his 3rd year, has a top 3 qb throwing to him in a great offense, has a true wr1 on the opposite side of the field and a great TE to keep defenses busy. Reports in training camp were positive, Peyton loves the guy, there is no doubt in my mind he was a solid pick at WR and not overvalued as a 3rd/4th rounder. Just respectfully disagreeing with some of the previous posts about Gonzo.
I hope he's back by mid season so we can see where he finishes by the end of the year now that some opinions have surfaced in this thread. Only problem is I don't think it's a good sign the colts are not revealing any news on his MRI so far today.
[/QUOTE]agreed. selecting a.gonzo in the 14 teamer in the 3rd or 4th round was not "going for broke". if he was the top wr on your board at that point, what are you going to do, pass on him? in my league, housh and bowe were off the board before 3.3 :eek:
[/QUOTE]I just assumed that all of us knew by seeing and participating in enough mocks and practice drafts that if you go RB/RB in this contest from an early draft spot, we accept the strong possibility that our WR1 will end up being something of this calibre, a HUGE risk, thus, going for broke. Bowe and Welker were really the only other WRs in the elite tier, so if they were gone, you get the top of the next tier, in your case, Agonzo.

[ September 15, 2009, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

mikeybok

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Now don't you have some Purple Jersey to go caress! :D I was in a green and Yellow basement playing cards tonight. Wore the jersey into the room and got an immediate reaction from the host! Very nice ... I have already got my moneys worth from the jersey ... Oh yea ... I almost forgot ... I got it for free from a Favre hater!!!!
Hakuna Matata!

BLACKHAND

Anthony Gonzalez

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:44 pm

one man's gold is another man's garbage. this guy very well put up big numbers. it is not like he had d.russell throwing the ball to him. if a.gonz was there for the pickings with justin gage i think most of us would take a.gonz. it the "luck factor" with smart choices that makes you look like a genius.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN