What do you consider the worst draft slot?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:32 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
if you are between TCH and GG you could be in for a long dayYou'd also be in Youngstown, OH -- 400 miles from Chicago, 400 miles from New York. [/QUOTE]And trust me, from someone who used to live about an hour and a half from Youngstown (that isn't a place you want to be!)

Unless you make the short trip up to Sharon, PA and go to Quaker Steak and Lube! :D

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am

With 3RR, unless you have a strong preference for one of the RB's after LT and S Jax, which I don't, I believe one of the least desirable slots is #3. You get a late pick in both round 2 and 3 and you didn't get a pick that's significantly more desirable in round 1. Wherever you believe the drop off occurs with that first tier of RB's is one of the worst slots, imo. For me its currently after the 2nd pick, others may have players ranked differently.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:03 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I don't like 5 or 6 just because I'm equally happy with players 5-7 on my cheatsheet so I would just as soon have an earlier pick in the 2nd round where I might get one of the 4 2nd round RB's I like or one of my top 2 receivers. Late 2nd round receivers all look about the same to me.

I try to hit the last draft pick on my tiers.

Wayne Wayne, am I missing something here. It seems you are saying you like the players available at picks 5, 6 and 7 and you like them all equally well. Therefore you like pick 7 better than picks 5 and 6. Which makes perfect sense because you'll get better choices in rounds 2 and 3. But does that equate into saying you believe 5 and 6 are the worst of the 14 draft slots or only worse compared to slot 7? Or are you sayiong you've broken the 14 draft slots into tiers and the tier making up slots 5-7 is your least desirable tier?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:12 pm

depending on LJ's status, slots 5-10 are about the same for me.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:46 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I don't like 5 or 6 just because I'm equally happy with players 5-7 on my cheatsheet so I would just as soon have an earlier pick in the 2nd round where I might get one of the 4 2nd round RB's I like or one of my top 2 receivers. Late 2nd round receivers all look about the same to me.

I try to hit the last draft pick on my tiers.

Wayne Wayne, am I missing something here. It seems you are saying you like the players available at picks 5, 6 and 7 and you like them all equally well. Therefore you like pick 7 better than picks 5 and 6. Which makes perfect sense because you'll get better choices in rounds 2 and 3. But does that equate into saying you believe 5 and 6 are the worst of the 14 draft slots or only worse compared to slot 7? Or are you sayiong you've broken the 14 draft slots into tiers and the tier making up slots 5-7 is your least desirable tier?
[/QUOTE]I read that again and I wasn't very clear. The 5 and 6 spots are my least desirable. In many drafts my #5 could fall to 7. I like the top 4 spots the best followed by the 10-12.

Wayne

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
if you are between TCH and GG you could be in for a long dayYou'd also be in Youngstown, OH -- 400 miles from Chicago, 400 miles from New York. [/QUOTE]And trust me, from someone who used to live about an hour and a half from Youngstown (that isn't a place you want to be!)

Unless you make the short trip up to Sharon, PA and go to Quaker Steak and Lube! :D
[/QUOTE]Just passed that place a few hours ago on my way home. Never noticed it before and was staring to make sure I was readyng Quaker Steak right.

With 3RR isn't every spot in play? The only spots I don't believe are affected are near the middle.
I've been tearing through the RBs and see enough depth to excite me from almost any spot. There seems to be a good second and high potential 3rd group of #1 RBs available.

3'

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:19 am

Drafting in the middle, although deprives you of a shot at the 2-3 studs, does give you the opportunity to avoid getting skunked if there's a run on a position.

I'm not sure, though, that this is as applicable in FB as it is in BB. Less positions.
Does that make any sense?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:00 pm

I'm sure that Lou will attest that drafting in the middle does have it's merrits in the draft masters format. :D

Wayne

slam

Post by slam » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:22 am

Got to love 3 RR-

This year some like the late picks, some like the early picks and some like the middle picks. It is refreshing to have 14 great choices for a change. I like all 14 spots for differing reasons.
Top 4 picks-great RB's
Middle Picks {5-10} Good RB in 1st round
Late Picks (11-14) Lots of RB's and WR's with first 3 picks
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )