2007 Ravens D = 2006_Panthers_D?

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:05 pm

I don't like the Ravens but Heap did NOT push off on the play. he put his hand on the DB and that was it. bad call. if you're going to call offensive interference on that type of play, than you could flag chad johnson all night.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Push off or no push off.. BILLICK is a clown.. how you can not just run the ball 4 straight times at that point in the game to get the TD is beyond me. If your team can't get it in, so be it.. you got beat... Not only did they need to score to tie the game... not only was it 4 down territory, but they would have wanted to score with little time left so not to let the Bengals have time to win it in regulation. So instead of handing the ball 4 times to your newly acquired, highly paid RB (Mcgahee), you put the game in your young, unproven, cold off the bench QB and expect him to thread needles from inside the 5 yard line...

Brilliant... I did not bet the game, nor did I need McGahee for anything fantasy wise, but that was just horrible coaching and the bad call on the Heap play will make people forget about it...

[ September 10, 2007, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

drago

Post by drago » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:16 pm

I agree with you renman. It's the classic case of a coach outthinking themselves and trying to get cute. It is Billick after all so it is not suprising. 4 times from the 3 yard line should be a gimme for nearly any team in the league, especially against the Bengals. Who ever confused Cincy with a hard-nosed, in-your-face goal line D?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:39 pm

Yup...some crappy coaching, and some stupid players exposed this week one.

Lewis PHI has the brain of a squirrel. Risk a turnover for 11-18 yards of punt return...FAIL...and then repeat.

I blame the coaches.

Also...anyone who fair catches a punt inside the 10 is a fool. Fake the fair catch, and run away.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver