2009 NFFC Classic Signup List: 294 Teams

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:07 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg...any signups for the Ultimate yet? Not yet, but I haven't started calling around yet, either. Been so busy on baseball. Put your hat in the ring Paul and I bet we get to 14 in no time.

I'll be back fulltime on the NFFC boards after a one week vacation with the family. Tom and I are so tired we could sleep for weeks. But Tom will be jumping into the football profiles on Tuesday for our first Fantasy Sports magazine issue and I'll be fulltime pushing NFFC starting the following week. You'll get sick of seeing us on the boards soon enough. ;)
[/QUOTE]Greg,

I was the 1st victim back on March 5th: :D

Follow Me
Member # 77

Member Rated:
posted March 05, 2009 04:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg,

Please, sign me up for the following:

Friday, September 4:
11 a.m.: NFFC Classic $1300 Draft Champions Leagues begin (14 teams)

4 p.m.: NFFC Classic $1300 Auction Leagues begin (14 teams)

Saturday, September 5:
7 p.m.: NFFC Classic Super Draft League begins (14 teams)

Sunday, September 6:
10 a.m.: $5,000 NFFC Ultimate Draft Leagues begin (14 teams)

1 p.m.: $2,500 NFFC Classic Super Draft League begins (14 teams)

If there is any problem filling the Sunday drafts at 1 PM, I will do either one, I just want to be sure I am in one.

I bet we could squeeze another draft in Friday night.

Thank you,
Mark
Follow Me

--------------------
I stunk in 2008.
Will update when I can finally face the damage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, and we look forward to getting you back from baseball. :D

Mark
Follow Me
[/QUOTE]Wow, even during a busy baseball season, I shouldn't have missed this one Mark. Sorry and I'll take care of ALL of these today. Welcome back my friend and glad to see you haven't cut back due to the recession. ;)

I am back from baseball. It's incredible how deep Tom and I get into the NFBC for such a long time. We start writing the magazine profiles in November and it's two steady months of rankings, ratings, position eligibilities, etc. Then it's three intense months of signups and drafts and more drafts. We had over 110 online leagues for baseball this year and 40+ live events, so we're currently running 150+ NFBC leagues this year. It was a GRAND SLAM for everyone, but for five solid months it was baseball, baseball, baseball.

Now we can manage those leagues and still get football up and running. Tom is working on the rankings and ratings for the first football magazine now and I'm updating the web site to get the NFFC rolling. We apologize for being out of touch since late January, but we're back now and ready to get 2009 rolling. Thanks again to all of our die-heard NFFC veterans for sticking around while we were playing some baseball and let's get this season going.

[ May 31, 2009, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 am

Greg, speaking for the Football guys it is good to have you back. Now that baseball has started you should have plenty of time between pitches, pitching changes and the seventh inning stretch to get back to football.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Greg, speaking for the Football guys it is good to have you back. Now that baseball has started you should have plenty of time between pitches, pitching changes and the seventh inning stretch to get back to football. Thanks Mike and I'm back for good. You can't get rid of me now!! :D I see great enthusiasm for the upcoming fantasy football season right now mainly because this year's draft is so wide open. I mean, look at the first round this year. Nothing is a given this year and those folks who have a good plan in place are going to be the big winners this year. Cheat Sheets will be all over the board this football season.

Tom is doing the dirty work for the magazine now with the rankings and ratings and I'm working on the web site, working on the new contests and getting ready to call our die-hard veterans to get them on the signup list. I think we have something special going here and with so much turmoil and uncertainty in the fantasy football industry, I think folks realize that Tom and I are folks you can trust who will work our butts off to make sure this contest is fair, the rules are enforced and the prizes are paid.

Let's GET IT ON!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:54 pm

[ April 15, 2009, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: kentuckyreign ]

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:40 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
Greg can you put me down for the 650$ auction in Chicago?

Billy, what is the entry for the Saturday DC auction? Looking at $250, but have to clear all details through Greg and/or Tom before I canmake it official.
[/QUOTE]Billy, any news on the DC auction? Is this a definite go? Do you know the time or entry fee? I will definitely want to play. Thanks for setting this up. It'll be good to see you back in Chicago again. Jim

[ April 19, 2009, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: FF Addict ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:47 am

Originally posted by FF Addict:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
Greg can you put me down for the 650$ auction in Chicago?

Billy, what is the entry for the Saturday DC auction? Looking at $250, but have to clear all details through Greg and/or Tom before I canmake it official.
[/QUOTE]Billy, any news on the DC auction? Is this a definite go? Do you know the time or entry fee? I will definitely want to play. Thanks for setting this up. It'll be good to see you back in Chicago again. Jim
[/QUOTE]The plan is either a $250 or $300 entry fee on Saturday night about an hour after the NBC draft (so I am guessing around a 9:00 CST start). Will make for a late evening, but I know there are poker is scheduled for Friday night, Supers and Ultimates are scheduled for Sunday morning and many people will be traveling back Sunday.

As long as Greg and Tom are good with it, that is the tentative plan.

I need to call them about it this week and get things finalized. Just got back from a family vacation, been busy with baseball, and will be a VERY busy week at work.

I'll make time, and hopefully post a signup thread for this ASAP.

Thanks Jim, and looking forward to seeing you again also! :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

SUPER DRAFT LEAGUE
$2,500 (14 teams)
Sunday, Sept. 6th, 4 p.m. EST/1 p.m. CST/ 1 p.m. PST
1. Mark Moyer, Laurel, Maryland

Greg,

Just clarifying that the Super would be at 3 p.m CST, and not 1:00?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:20 pm

I see an ULTIMATE DRAFT for $5000...I see a SUPER DRAFT for $2500...Isn't there a FAIRLY AWESOME DRAFT for around $350? ;)
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon May 18, 2009 8:51 am

Greg, you can go ahead and pencil me in for the double header in NYC, Main Event Classic and the NBC 12-team.

Thanks,
Ken