Am I Crazy?

Samlawyer

Am I Crazy?

Post by Samlawyer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:04 am

Snake has good RB depth but Forsett and Bush have issues and you never know when Maroney will disappear again. I'd play Jackson, Jackson and Charles if I was Snake. If I had great WR/TE depth, I might sit Charles for a WR/TE.

Sandman62

Am I Crazy?

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:10 am

Yes, I agree that stud RBs are a cut above. But FINDING that needle in a haystack at the DRAFT is extremely difficult. Maybe all the CJ owners might like to think they just KNEW he'd be this good, but then, if they did, he'd have certainly been drafted in EARLY round 1, not later. ;)

That said, I'd rather have 3 WRs whose average points/game are in the mid-50s combined vs. one stud RB - albeit averaging 12-15 pts. game over the measly 5-10/gm we've been getting out of our starting RBs. In the end, the total points of the entire 10-player lineup of starting players is what counts, IMO. And the price paid to TRY to land a stud RB is just too steep for us - esp. seeing I'm sure a lot of owners thought they were buying a stud RB when they drafted Forte, LT or Slaton... many/all of which went BEFORE CJ. ;)

BTW, I don't know if he frequents this message board, but I must give props to Jeff Tirabassi in our NY League 6. When he drafted Ray Rice at the end of the 2nd round, my son and I were pretty shocked and thought he was way overpaying. But now that Rice is 4th among RBs, it looks like Jeff knew what he was doing... or he just got very LUCKY!

[ December 03, 2009, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sandman62

Am I Crazy?

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:13 am

Oh, for the record, I agree that Snake's CURRENT RB corps is very sweet indeed, heading into the playoffs. But many of them just now starting coming on, for various reasons (i.e. injuries/cuts/demotions in front of them). I was suggesting that him "needing a miracle to sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard" was very likely BECAUSE these RBs didn't produce through 2/3 of the season (and also likely influenced by his other positions).

mikeybok

Am I Crazy?

Post by mikeybok » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:20 am

The earlier list was my Classic RB's

To Compare Prime time teams.

QB (three starters that all suck)
RB Ray Rice
RB R Williams
WR Wayne
WR Boldin
WR Mason
TE D Clark
Flex choice TE V Davis or WR S Smith or RB Forsett

I like the roundness of this team ... not just Sexy Running Backs :D

[ December 03, 2009, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

Samlawyer

Am I Crazy?

Post by Samlawyer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:06 am

The QB problem notwithstanding, Ronnie Brown's injury makes this team a big-time force! Wowza! Nicely done.

mikeybok

Am I Crazy?

Post by mikeybok » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:22 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
The QB problem notwithstanding, Ronnie Brown's injury makes this team a big-time force! Wowza! Nicely done. Yep ... our 7th and 8th picks were Leon Washington and James Davis ... both went IR! So we were starting Ricky Williams anyway. It was definitely nice to be on the other end of an IR for a change.

QB's Ryan/Flacco/Fitzpatrick BTW
Hakuna Matata!

Samlawyer

Am I Crazy?

Post by Samlawyer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:17 am

Hmmmm, with Flacco and Rice, there's only so many TDs to go around (especially in cold weather). You might have to win with old Fitzy.

mikeybok

Am I Crazy?

Post by mikeybok » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:20 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
Hmmmm, with Flacco and Rice, there's only so many TDs to go around (especially in cold weather). You might have to win with old Fitzy. Yea ... we have Mason too ... if Baltimore doesn't open up their offense ... we've got no shot at the big money anyway.
Hakuna Matata!