NFFC '60s Satellite Rules

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 am

Greg, Sunday nights would be tough for your multiple-sports contingent as that time is typically dedicated to baseball FAAB and lineups.

Wednesdays are OK, but would have to start early for your east coast M-F 9-5er's.

My vote is Friday. Nice way to relax after putting down the kids and start the weekend.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 19, 2011 2:37 am

Awesome feedback. Maybe we'll try an 8 pm ET Wednesday to see if there's interest (let me know if 8 is okay) and Friday night for sure at 9 or 10 ET and Sunday night for those who like a weekend draft. Someone tell me early or late on Sunday for those who might be doing baseball FAAB and we'll figure it out. But those three nights seem like they could yield full leagues and we'll figure out the times next. Then we'll see where the interest lies and tweak the schedule beyond June. But for now we'll look at those three days of the week and see where the interest lies. Thanks for the feedback all and we're getting close to Draft Day.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 25, 2011 4:13 am

Just a heads up on these NFFC '60s because we hope to get these satellite leagues rolling in early June once our draft software is ready to go: These are 30-round DCs, 60 seconds per pick. I'm going to initially throw out three draft dates per week to see if there is enough interest in these for "bowling night" on different nights of the week. We'll learn which days and times work best, but let's throw these out there now and see what you think. I can't guarantee the software will be ready by the 10th, but hopefully it will be.

Let me know what you think about the Wednesday-Friday-Sunday "bowling nights" and if those days and times work we'll add them to the Registration Page soon and start taking signups. Here's a schedule I've put together:

Friday, June 10, 9 pm ET
Wednesday, June 15, 8 pm ET
Friday, June 17, 9 pm ET
Sunday, June 19, 9 pm ET
Wednesday, June 22, 8 pm ET
Friday, June 24, 9 pm ET
Sunday, June 26, 9 pm ET
Wednesday, June 29, 8 pm ET

Thoughts? We are still discussing internally whether we will hit these payments before these drafts or not until the labor dispute is resolved. It might be the second option, but let us figure that out internally first. Thanks all and let's start bowling!! :D Sorry, this is a no-handicap league, so everyone bowl a PERFECT GAME!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

SS

Post by SS » Wed May 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Greg, I would prefer a 10 PM ET start on Friday's but that's because of my work schedule. I think everyone has to remember that not everyone works 9 to 5, some of us work varied schedules, i.e Noon to 8 p.m., weekends, etc.

Greg, I showed interest on the other boards for the Red vs. Blue draft. Do you know what date this would be?
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 am

Originally posted by SS:
Greg, I would prefer a 10 PM ET start on Friday's but that's because of my work schedule. I think everyone has to remember that not everyone works 9 to 5, some of us work varied schedules, i.e Noon to 8 p.m., weekends, etc.

Greg, I showed interest on the other boards for the Red vs. Blue draft. Do you know what date this would be? We'll look at 10 pm ET if that's what folks want to do. Let's get the feedback.

The goal for the Red vs. Blue NFFC '60 is Friday, June 10th. We need the software tested and ready first, but that's the goal.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu May 26, 2011 3:07 am

Originally posted by SS:

Greg, I showed interest on the other boards for the Red vs. Blue draft. Do you know what date this would be? Agree completely on a Friday 10PM EST start. That gives folks on the West Coast time to eat dinner after work.
@RedRyder

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:54 am

Friday at 10 est would probably work for me.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri May 27, 2011 4:32 am

There are only 3 spots left for the LIVE "on-air" Red vs Blue Sat 60 draft --- Who wants some???

http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... p=3#000034
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 27, 2011 4:49 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Friday at 10 est would probably work for me. I'm cool with moving Friday's to 10 pm ET. Works for me and many others. Let's do it.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:17 am

Greg, how about another $60 league next Friday, the 17th?