Provisional NFBC Message Board

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Trust me, the pictures on the new NFBC web site are MUCH better than these. Damn, it's looking nice, I'll tell ya that. We're getting close. Get ready for tomorrow on baseball. I think we might be able to debut it before the weekend.

A nice picture area of past winners like RT, Shawn, Terry Haney, Bobby Jurney, DiDonato, Andre Bourcier, Lindy, Kenny Norred, Q and of course Lindy are located in a special spot on the site. That will be a badge of honor area going forward, I'll tell ya that. Oh my, that's pretty neat. You're going to like this. I just hope we don't have to look at their faces constantly like on the FFOC site. I'm sure even Shane S is sick of seeing himself in that bright white jacket at this point.

botherk

Post by botherk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Cubs just traded Jake Fox for some spare parts ... really, that's the best they could do ... anyone know the parts? The Cubbies are still hanging on to, KJ fav, Milton Bradley though. :D
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Cubs just traded Jake Fox for some spare parts ... really, that's the best they could do ... anyone know the parts? The Cubbies are still hanging on to, KJ fav, Milton Bradley though. :D [/QUOTE]Milton is like the pre-owned Jag in my garage. It's high maintenance, I can't rely on it, and I've got so much invested that I can't get rid of it either. Sure did look nice when I signed the contract though. :D

[ December 03, 2009, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

botherk

Post by botherk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Cubs just traded Jake Fox for some spare parts ... really, that's the best they could do ... anyone know the parts? The Cubbies are still hanging on to, KJ fav, Milton Bradley though. :D [/QUOTE]Milton is like the pre-owned Jag in my garage. It's high maintenance, I can't rely on it, and I've got so much invested that I can't get rid of it either. Sure did look nice when I signed the contract though. :D
[/QUOTE]The big difference comes when you take it out of the garage. The Jag gets "Ooohs and ahhhs". Milton... not so much.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:02 pm

I'm out for this one, but definitely interested in the salary league again. I'm still not happy with how close Tony and I came to securing the MOY.

Our team showed how power can be acquired on the cheap, but not pitching.

At least we didn't waste a lot of dinero like many did.

I'll inform Tony about this slow draft to see if he's interested.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Milton? make like the fireman KJ, step back and just let it burn already

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

If only it was that easy, Q!

On second thought, I could take a day trip down to Tijuana this Saturday. The only risk would be -would I have time to park it before it gets jacked.

botherk

Post by botherk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Quahogs:
[QB]

KJ: (On the phone) Yeah Ron, I got the idea for a league based on players salaries and we're drafting now.
In fact, its my turn now. Who would you take?....No, Joba is gone....Walla Walla is harmless....Alright, I'll take Sheets, sounds great, I just made the pick on the blackberry. Thanks Ron

Radio: And in sports news today, it was revealed that Ben Sheets will miss the whole season due to persistent arm problems.

Radio: (10 minutes later) This is the traffic reporter advising all drivers to avoid I-5. Apparently someone doused their blackberry with gas, threw it in the car, and lit a match.
What kind of crazy guy would do such a thing?
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:23 am

I'm told that the new NFBC web site will be live today and that the NFBC Message Boards will also be up and running by 3:00 today. We are just transferring the NFBC boards to the new web site, so I don't think the boards will be upgraded just yet. That will be done over the next couple of weeks, but the key is that all of the historical data from those boards arrive safe and sound. Keep your fingers crossed.

The old URL will transfer to the new site, but we'll also have a new URL soon. I'm excited about the launch of the new site and I look forward to the response from our members.

So we're on pace for the launch today. Stay tuned all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 am

hold on Greg ;)