N F L Schedule

Tom Kessenich

N F L Schedule

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:54 am

And make no mistake, I'm not being a homer here. I'm not very high on the Packers this season at all. I think they got to 8-8 last season due to a pathetic conference, not because they were all that good. I just think their home schedule is manageable. That road schedule is an absolute bitch, though.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

slam

N F L Schedule

Post by slam » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 am

8-8 for GB?
In the immortal words of Supertramp

"DREAMER...nothing but a dreamer"

They lose to Carolina as long as S Smith is not hurt.

No my friend, 6-10 and that is only if they get a decent RB in the draft.

I agree with CHI running away with the division only because no other team wants it. But Good Rex/Bad Rex does not mean GB splits with Da Bears. CHI wins at GB on their defense alone as Brett gives them two picks and 10 points on his farewell tour.
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )

Route Collectors

N F L Schedule

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm not a GB homer by any means but love what #4 has done for pro football. It will be a sad day the last time Favre walks off the field. In a sentimental prediction...I'll pick the Pack to go 9-7 and squeeeeeeeeeeze into a wild card berth.

Tom Kessenich

N F L Schedule

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:33 am

Originally posted by slam:
8-8 for GB?
In the immortal words of Supertramp

"DREAMER...nothing but a dreamer"

They lose to Carolina as long as S Smith is not hurt.

No my friend, 6-10 and that is only if they get a decent RB in the draft.

I agree with CHI running away with the division only because no other team wants it. But Good Rex/Bad Rex does not mean GB splits with Da Bears. CHI wins at GB on their defense alone as Brett gives them two picks and 10 points on his farewell tour. Good Rex/Bad Rex is precisely why the Packers split with the Bears last season. Again, I'm not being a homer; I'm not oblivious to the Packers' many issues or their schedule. However, the NFC looks to be wide open again and it's extremely safe to say that things are going to look A LOT different once the season begins than they look now. Consider that people probably thought the Saints would be a cake matchup last season. How did that work out?

It's too early to make any definitive statements in my opinion. Let's see what the draft provides and the remainder of free agency. But as we sit here today I can see the Packers going 8-8. I can't see them doing any better and I definitely think they could do slightly worse, but I think 8-8 is a realistic prediction at this early juncture.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

N F L Schedule

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:41 am

Early returns on this thread say Tom and slam can't be trusted for pre-season analysis. :D

slam predicts Pack to finish 6-10
Tom.......8-8

Maybe I was too conservative at 9-7!

[ October 01, 2007, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Route Collectors

N F L Schedule

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:18 am

I hate for this to get buried before Tom sees it. :eek: