NFFC Fantasy Basketball AUCTION league...cancelled... alternative league possible

boutrous11

NFFC Fantasy Basketball AUCTION league...cancelled... alternative league possible

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:54 am

so i'm going to go ahead and cancel this league because of lack of interest....

if any of you want to get in to an almost identical league (buyin is only $75, 9 categories), either let me know in this thread (put your email in your post) or send me an email expressing interest to [email protected] .

i'm not the commish of that other league, but i was in it last season with zero problems. they do allow trades, and they use leaguesafe to hold the $.

there are currently 3 spots left... 12 teams total.

Pete

[ December 06, 2011, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:49 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Greg, I know someone asked you about basketball for this season, but I can't remember your response...

edit: if there are no NFBC leagues, would it be alright if I use the boards to start up a league w/ NFFC members in it? The NBA lockout has forced us to say NO to a fantasy basketball season this year no matter when they resolve their dispute. We have run the NFBBC the last five years and have a very good setup. We will definitely return in 2012-13 if there is a season and be ALL IN with a new web site, commissioner product and Main Event and Online Championship. We believe in the basketball market and we want to be the industry leader there when it comes to high-stakes events/contests.

But the NBA ruined any chance for a successful 2011-12 season, so feel free to start your own league. I'm sure there are enough folks still ready to jump in for a league or two. Good luck and look for the NFBBC to return next fall.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 am

I will say one thing: I find it almost hilarious that both sides were willing to kill the season until it really came time to kill the season. Then within 15 hours of meetings this week they were able to complete a deal that starts the season on Christmas Day. Let's all admit that both sides quickly learned that the American public could care less if they continued their childish fight and left billions of dollars on the table. That's what got the deal done, nothing else.

I love the NBA when the playoffs roll around and I'll admit that this week there's been little on TV at night to keep my attention. The NBA at least keeps the TV remote control in my hand at all times. I'm glad they're back.

But I think David Stern overplayed his greedy hand and his PR rhetoric was boorish at best. It's turned me off for a bit and I won't pay much attention to the league while the NFL is still on center stage. But I'm glad they've resolved this and now maybe we all can plan fantasy games in the future. The year of constant labor disputes is finally over and all of the major sports leagues have multi-year CBAs in place. Thank goodness for that.

See ya in 2012-13. Then it will be fun again with a full 82-game NBA season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Greg, very, very disappointing to hear there will be no NFBBC. Was just going to sign up. Really wish you would rethink this.
COZ

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Alright guys. Read Greg's message below...

I'm looking at doing an auction rotisserie league. 12 or 14 teams. (I'd prefer 12). I'm a low stakes player, so I'd like the entry to be $125, maybe $150.

8 categories (that's negotiable)
PG SG G SF PF F C C Flex Flex 3 bench.

trades? I would like to have them, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

We can either use leaguesafe, or I can hold the $, or someone else in the league can hold it...

Off the top of my head, Sunday, Decmber 18 at 7 pm seems like a good time to draft.

We'll use yahoo.... did an auction on there last year, ran super smooth...

If you're interested, post in here....

I'm in. Might have one more person to join, but not sure.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Originally posted by COZ:
Greg, very, very disappointing to hear there will be no NFBBC. Was just going to sign up. Really wish you would rethink this. Nope, if we're going to do the NFBBC we're going to do it right and the timing just isn't there for us this year to promote it the way we'd like, get all of the software completed, etc. I hope you guys do stay involved in hoops this year and make it happen, but for us we'll roll out a site next season with solid draft software, game site, multiple league formats, etc. We'll have the necessary time then to do this sport right and promote it to the masses. Sorry. Blame the greedy NBA owners and players for this season's demise.

abruski17

Post by abruski17 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 pm

I would be in for this.