To: Las Vegas wcoff event_director

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
quote:Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
I have many individuals I consider my friends playing in the WCOFB, but I'm not certain why they played in that contest given the climate of what was happening at the beginning of the year on into March. I truly feel bad for everyone who has invested serious time and money into a hobby with no positive end in sight...simply not fair. Again, "fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me"... [/QUOTE]You know nothing of the climate Purple speaks of so spare us all your idiotic platitude. The intent to deceive was not so apparent then. Who let you on these boards again ???? :confused:

[ August 15, 2011, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Quahogs ]

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
quote:Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
I have many individuals I consider my friends playing in the WCOFB, but I'm not certain why they played in that contest given the climate of what was happening at the beginning of the year on into March. I truly feel bad for everyone who has invested serious time and money into a hobby with no positive end in sight...simply not fair. Again, "fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me"... [/QUOTE]You know nothing of the climate Purple speaks of so spare us all your idiotic platitude. The intent to deceive was not so apparent then. Who let you on these boards again ???? :confused:
[/QUOTE]Q, that's a bit harsh as I was simply attempting to express my opinion like so many others here have but I shall let that pass as in the grand scheme of things it's a mere benign ant and not a fierce and ferocious tiger...it's all good man...I apologize if this post was misinterpreted or taken out of context as I certainly meant no harm whatsoever, man...
[/QUOTE]you're rubber necking carnage on the highway. The last thing people want to hear is an I told you so.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm

GG....I love your political cartoon!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:22 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:

it is what it is.....my money is gone unless someone comes in to buy the place. gambler - wcoff management loves people like you. get raped and don't report it to the cops.
[/QUOTE]by the way i am owed money, are you? i am guessing not.....so use your tough guy stance on another subject.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by DoubleG:

it is what it is.....my money is gone unless someone comes in to buy the place. gambler - wcoff management loves people like you. get raped and don't report it to the cops.
[/QUOTE]by the way i am owed money, are you? i am guessing not.....so use your tough guy stance on another subject.
[/QUOTE]listen, u are someone owed money and here is your take on it...
"it is what it is.....my money is gone unless someone comes in to buy the place"

again, wcoff loves people like this. they get to keep your money and u say "oh well".

Paul Gromek

Post by Paul Gromek » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I screwed the pooch big-time by playing in that baseball contest.

Lesson learned.

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by DoubleG:

[/QUOTE]listen, u are someone owed money and here is your take on it...
"it is what it is.....my money is gone unless someone comes in to buy the place"

again, wcoff loves people like this. they get to keep your money and u say "oh well".
[/QUOTE]and what would you do?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 am

Andy, don't worry about debating Mark on this one. He is right in saying that the hope that was persistent from management over there was the rollover funds that could be turned from an expense into revenue. That's what kept things promising. The fact that consumers were put in a no-win situation just made it easier to prolong the agony for everyone. That's all he's saying.

You are right, what can those owners do now?? Of course they'd take the free entry right now if it was available and hope for the white knight later. And the baseball guys want a football contest this year so that there's hope for some type of payment in October. But it would be fraudulent to take 2011 money if 2010 prize money wasn't paid out and thus it's likely consumers won't even have that choice of a free team now.

EVERYONE agrees this sucks for the players. You agree with that, Mark agrees with that, even those close to the situation agree with that. There's no reason to get in an argument over this on our boards or anywhere else. Unless a stat service steps up to help run those leagues and process those credit cards soon, it's done and nobody will have a choice. So it's time to move on and no longer even debate this. The mistakes of this week compounded with everything else before this has brought this to a conclusion, one that sucks for everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius