Who in the NFFC has actually played Football?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I played 1 year in Lynvet Football in Howard Beach, Queens. I did more laps than anyone because I couldn't bare listening to the coach scream at us No UP-DOWNS?

These definitely made the the "sprawls" a lot easier when I switched from basketball to wrestling. :D

When I started wrestling, I bought a t-shirt that said, "It's better to have wrestled and lost than to have played basketball and won".....man, did my ex-basketball teammates hate me wearing it. :cool:
[/QUOTE]Yes, UP-DOWNS were par of the punishments too. Unfortunately for the coach, one punishment was "LION IN THE DEN"...It was unfortunate for him, because I LOVED it. You'd be put in a circle of players and the coach would call out people's numbers and they would be the one to try and lay you out, being in the middle. I LOVED contact, so I wanted to be the lion in the den...LMAO
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
GK, the tag line is classic! Making fun of people who have lost money playing fantasy football? Classic! [/QUOTE]Goodness gracious Glenn, lighten up.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:58 am

Marc,

Yes, UP-DOWNS were par of the punishments too. Unfortunately for the coach, one punishment was "LION IN THE DEN"...It was unfortunate for him, because I LOVED it. You'd be put in a circle of players and the coach would call out people's numbers and they would be the one to try and lay you out, being in the middle. I LOVED contact, so I wanted to be the lion in the den...LMAO
I was right there with you and loved to practice because of the contact.

I will never forget coach Rose.

When driving the sleds he used to stand on the front with a wheeping willow branch and he would whip the backs of our legs to motivate us to knock hom off the dang thing. Painful but it worked and is still one of my "fonder" memories.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:30 pm

yES, Weber did play football..

Played ball in High School .. Played Tail Back (yes i did start.lol), was kinda small but miss it so much..name of team Caseys.

I did get recruited to division 3 school and started playing at Canisius College in Buffalo. I left the team after a short while because i was stupid not because i couldn't play.. when your 19 it's tough have your priorities in order.. that was my biggest regret in life not finishing football in college..

i'll tell you this, i was 5'8 180lbs in college, those guys even in div 3 were big.. it was an interesting experience.

i did coach football as well after college and during law school (high school ball).

i plan on starting to coach again shortly ...

good thread..

oh yea, i was no. 33.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Same story here Weber. Four years of High School @ Fullback/Outside Linebacker until I convinced my coaches to let me try Offensive Line my Senior year. I'm only 5'7", but have never been "little" and I wanted to bang with the big boys in the trenches. Played with and against quite a few DI prospects out here in talent-rich Southern Cali'. Recruited by DIII University of Redlands but regretfully didn't last long once dorm-life and all the accompanying niceties kicked in! This thread makes me think just how much I miss going full go in pads. I now fulfill my need for sound and hearty whoopin's by training at The Shark Tank, a Mixed-Martial arts gym out here in So' Cal. Good topic Steak. Now, let's hear about the rest of you Bundy Polk-Highers!
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

gerard

Post by gerard » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 am

i played wr in high school and cb i am only 5'8 175 lbs but ran a 4.58 40 had a good time but did not play college just did not want to put up with the bs