Greg, please help Las Vegas #8..

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:46 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Sound Advice is the stereo store I started in the early '80s.
First Sound Advice fantasy team was around 1989 or so.
I'll keep it if you don't mind.
Company Perspectives:

Sound Advice is a retailer of high-quality consumer electronics products with 24 Sound Advice stores in Florida, five Bang & Olufsen specialty stores, two Showcase Home Entertainment stores in Arizona, and an Electronics Interiors store in Palm Beach Gardens.

Key Dates:
1974: Company is founded in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1986: Sound Advice goes public.
1992: Reported misrepresentations in the company's financial
[/QUOTE]Who cares? How fast does He run the 40 yard dash?
How many times can He bench 225 pounds?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:48 am

Originally posted by Steel Curtain:
I would hope that Greg and Tom would know the real names of the individual(s) who have shown that they clearly quit and then not allow them to play next season. I realize that from a business sense not taking their money would be a difficult thing to do short-term, but I do believe that it would be the best thing to do long-term. I would imagine that everyone that has plunked down their $1300 to play would like the best assurance possible that those that are competing on the highest level will continue to field the best teams possible for the integrity of the game. I know I would be very suspect if I showed up for the main, plunked down my $1300 to play and then find out that one of these quitter owners were in my league. I think it's a tough call to make (and realize that Greg is really the only one to make that call) but I think it's the call that would give people the utmost confidence in NFFC. How about a slight embarrassment! :D

For example...

In the NFBC main event in Vegas they gave out badges with a baseball card inside. (I knew my year was cursed when I had Phil Garner who was fired mid season! :D )

Anyway...for teams that have started bye week or injured players (when they had a replacement on their bench) more than once the prior season (because once can be an accident)...they would have their badges with a PINK or RED boarder indicating bad manager or dead money, and everyone at their draft table can know this in advance and ride 'em!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:57 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Sound Advice is the stereo store I started in the early '80s.
First Sound Advice fantasy team was around 1989 or so.
I'll keep it if you don't mind.
Company Perspectives:

Sound Advice is a retailer of high-quality consumer electronics products with 24 Sound Advice stores in Florida, five Bang & Olufsen specialty stores, two Showcase Home Entertainment stores in Arizona, and an Electronics Interiors store in Palm Beach Gardens.

Key Dates:
1974: Company is founded in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1986: Sound Advice goes public.
1992: Reported misrepresentations in the company's financial

Sound Advice Inc. started up under something of a cloud ... in 1974, a group of three investors put up $100,000 in cash to fund the enterprise. As was later divulged, the problem was that most of the cash came out of a drug-traffic suitcase carried into the deal by Powell, who later admitted that it was raised from smuggling marijuana.
[/QUOTE]WOW! Thanks for the info kev!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:58 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by Steel Curtain:
I would hope that Greg and Tom would know the real names of the individual(s) who have shown that they clearly quit and then not allow them to play next season. I realize that from a business sense not taking their money would be a difficult thing to do short-term, but I do believe that it would be the best thing to do long-term. I would imagine that everyone that has plunked down their $1300 to play would like the best assurance possible that those that are competing on the highest level will continue to field the best teams possible for the integrity of the game. I know I would be very suspect if I showed up for the main, plunked down my $1300 to play and then find out that one of these quitter owners were in my league. I think it's a tough call to make (and realize that Greg is really the only one to make that call) but I think it's the call that would give people the utmost confidence in NFFC. How about a slight embarrassment! :D

For example...

In the NFBC main event in Vegas they gave out badges with a baseball card inside. (I knew my year was cursed when I had Phil Garner who was fired mid season! :D )

Anyway...for teams that have started bye week or injured players (when they had a replacement on their bench) more than once the prior season (because once can be an accident)...they would have their badges with a PINK or RED boarder indicating bad manager or dead money, and everyone at their draft table can know this in advance and ride 'em!

~Lance
[/QUOTE]THAT SOUNDS O.K. LANCE BUT IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T TAKE LONG FOR THE PERSON TO GET OVER THAT. THEY WOULD HEAR "YOU SUCK YOU WERE A QUITTER." AS QUICK IS IT CAME OUT OF THE PERSON MOUTH THEY PERSON WHO QUIT MAY SAY "SO WHAT." THEN NOTHING WAS REALLY ACCOMPLISHED. IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING MORE OF MERIT THAN THAT IN MY OPINION. YES TRUE PEOPLE DO HAVE THEIR PRIDE BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS ENOUGH TO STOP QUITTERS IF THEY CHOSE TO DO THE SAME THING THE NEXT YEAR.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
How about a slight embarrassment! :D

For example...

~Lance We could also put an embroidered, red letter "A" on their NFFC club jacket.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:11 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Yeah Jules our 2 deadbeats from last week both put in lineups this week, why we will never know, but they took a week off for some reason. Yeah...I have figured out the team "surprise" in LV2. There is a reason that player took a week off. Look for my team to take the last week off if I need to to even out the standings. I don't want to, but the "team of teams" in LV2 must not be allowed to sneak a team into the playoffs based on record!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:24 am

I know lots here are cracking jokes and making fun of the idea of someone quitting in a high stakes league and possibly ruining the integrity of the league for many other players who also invested $1300.

We do have some very intelligent, experienced, highly skilled fantasy players and minds here. I would think we could use this forum to discuss ideas on how to deal with a quitting team in the NFFC.

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:32 am

There will always be quitters, what do you do if you make some kind of "play their highest average guys" rule and the team in question makes a miraculous comeback?

I would like more owners that donate $1300 and quit. They should be invited back wholeheartedly. They don't affect the contest any more then the "3 month-old magazine guys" or the "Giants Fan who takes jacobs-Burress-Manning-Shockey-Toomer in the first 7 rounds and then runs out of names by the 8th".

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:42 am

If a team quits...he or she most likely has only 3 or so wins. Helping this team beat another team seems just as wrong as not helping them.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver