MAKE IT STOP!!!!

DIESEL02

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by DIESEL02 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:21 am

It's a real bad year for injuries but I think with the addition of two more roster spots would benefit most owners.

Everyone knows it takes more skill to draft than to pickup a free agent player. It allows you to pick up a backup of your stud qb/wr/rb and still be able to target an upside qb/wr/rb.

The problem this year is that most injuries are occuring to players that you neccessarily wouldn't draft as a backup or wasn't announced as the backup or even the backup to the rbbc. Keith,Ward,Wynn Graham, are good examples.Those two extra spots might give that owner flexibility to drop someone that was 19th or 20th round pick and hasn't performed like he/she hoped.

I know in some leagues I couldn't pick up a free agent due to injuries to starters(Boldin,A Johnson etc )without dropping one of my backups to my starting rb like Hunt, Thomas, Keith and than cursing myself for dropping my backup like I did with A-train last season.

Either way 18 or 20 man rosters I would be fine with. I just think this year with all the injuries everyone will overeact (how could you not). I wish everyone the best.
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

renman

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by renman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:46 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
WTF?

What is a "previously undisclosed injury"? Santana Holmes owners caught a big fat zero
since he wasn't even listed on the injury reports. Its bad enough dealing with the known injuries :confused: This is a great point. It is one thing to have a good player hurt prior to the game... at least you have a chance to replace him with a backup or someone via free agency. It really hurts when you lose players before the game or during the beginning before they can produce. Holmes and Branch in multiple leagues as well...

Everyone is getting hurt... we just have to hope to dodge some of the landmines and really produce well with our other players. Having drafted players who out perform their ADP is now really at a premium.

KOTRAX

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 am

YEAH IT IS SO TOUGH WITH THESE 18 PLAYER ROSTER. IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO FIELD A "HEALTHY" LINEUP LET ALONE ONE YOU WANT TO START. I GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO RIDE IT OUT FOR THE SEASON AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! I KNOW I NEED IT.

KOTRAX

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:15 am

THANKS SNAKE!!!!

wayne123

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by wayne123 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:52 am

I want to respond to this observation made earlier: "Everyone knows it takes more skill to draft than to pickup a free agent player."

Not sure about this point. In fact, I disagree. The FA bidding process is another time where strategy and football knowledge comes into play. It may not be equal to the skill in rounds 1-18 of the draft, but after that (theoretical rounds 19 and 20) a FA bidding process based on more information about players and injuries is more strategic. Knowing where and when to expend your FA dollars is a very strategic process. Just my opinion.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

LETSROLL2007

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:05 am

I might come out of retirement and show you what a real fantasy running back can do...

Any guess on the bid amounts?

GOD Loves You

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:08 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
YEAH IT IS SO TOUGH WITH THESE 18 PLAYER ROSTER. IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO FIELD A "HEALTHY" LINEUP LET ALONE ONE YOU WANT TO START. I GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO RIDE IT OUT FOR THE SEASON AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! I KNOW I NEED IT. STOP YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL