Who is your team ,And how they doing?

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:40 am

ok. i was gonna see if i could get down with that draft for next year...

johnbriganti

Post by johnbriganti » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:23 am

What a great post! My name is John Briganti and my team neame is JB Drillers. My son and I manage this team and we are 3-2 with 590 points.
We had the 14th pick in the draft and instead of following conventional wisdom at draft RBs early we draft WRs early (Owens & Holt) back to back in round 1 & 2, and then went with a QB in Rnd 3.
We took our 1st RB in round 4 - L. Suggs and then took M. Williams, R. dayne and a couple of upside guys (or so I thought) in C. Perry and G. Hearst.
Injuries to Suggs and Williams and Tiki sudden ability to hang on to the football killing my hopes for Dayne has (so far) been the dividing line from my team being 5-0 or at least 4-1.

How do I feel about my team now? Well my RBs are healthy now, and one of my WR studs (Owens) is past his bye. My team should start to producxe the way I thought it would. Will it be enough to end with best record? It might, I need a little help from others and a lot of luck (as does play in to FF more than most would admit).

Will I be able to overcome the point leader (711 through 5 games) It would appear to be the more difficult of the two goals, but then again it's only week 5 - we'll all have a better picture after week 10 when everyone's byes are behind them.

So do I like where I am? No, but it could be a lot worse and I am poised to make my move.
But you know what they say about poise Right?

Good luck to all except Reservoir Dogs (who I play) this week.

John
Johnny Football

FFMadMan

Post by FFMadMan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:38 pm

Our team is Just Win Baby. Took LT, T. Jones, and C. Mart. Got Brooks in the 7-8 th Rd. We felt pretty good after week 1 scoring 160+. Then we lost Branch and Price/Porter can't even crack 10 pts a week. Calico never came back and our K went without a FG for 2 weeks (Hanson). Lost by 2,4 pts and now stand at 2-3 with roughly 600 pts. Man I love FF!!

shoofster

Post by shoofster » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:44 pm

Chicago league 1 PK 6
Shunned conventional wisdom for a rb in 1st round when top 5 rbs on my list went and it was Portis or R Moss, went with Moss and then took a value pick in 2nd round with Hines Ward as again most of the rd 2/3 quality RB's were taken. Thinking the madness for RB's would abate , it didn't, was forced to again take a value pick in Steve Smith. Targeted Warrick Dunn in the WCO and he has turned out to be a great 4th rd pk. Got E Smith in rd 6 as others were trying to find wr's and finally left the RB's alone. Closed out with K Faulk and Hollings who I thought would both play. So much for the stud RB theory in this camp. Currently 5-0 with 669 pts. Been very lucky as opponents seem to have lowest score when they face New Day Dawning.

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:07 pm

NY League 4 19th overall 4-1 in league 683.2 pts Still a long way to go and injuries of course are the key Surprised how many people have spent majority of their FA money already which I think will be a key if another major skill player goes down in next 3-4 weeks Happy with team wish I played Rattay last week instead of Brooks
QB Brooks Rattay Breunell
RB Edge Westbrook Staley 1st 3 picks Blalock
WR Moulds Stokely McCarins Burleson Ferguson Armstrong Williford
TE Johnson Wiggins
De Sea
K Carney

Key for me is health of the 3 rbs

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:46 pm

Las Vegas League 3 **Ponch & John** 39th overall, 4-1 league record, 656.60 pts. QB's-J.Delhomme/D.Brees RB's-L.Tomlinson/O.Smith/A.Pinner/E.George/T.Fisher WR's-T.Holt/H.Ward/J.Smith/K.Colbert/D.Gabriel TE's-L.J.Smith/K.Mangum K's-K.Brown/R.Longwell Def's-Baltimore/Chicago
We haven't had any of our players REALLY explode yet, (Delhomme, and Baltimore are the only ones to score 2 TD's in a week so far), however, we are putting up solid numbers on a week to week basis. Just be prepared to run for the hills when our whole crew gets things rolling! Not to mention, when South Onterrio comes back from his "personal reflection leave," things could very well get ridiculous! Here's to hoping anyway.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:59 am

Tomlinson, Holt and Ward.... I'm in the wrong league...

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Primo:
Good luck to all, and enjoy my contribution. I'll be better next yearIn case you need a pep talk...You paid big $ to get in this league, you're angry about injuries (Heap, S.Moss, Fargas), pissed about underperformers (Rudi & Rod), and mad about wasting FA $ (Henry & Jolley). Teams are piling up 170-180 pts a week, while your team is limping in! Trust me, you are not alone. MANY teams are in the same situation. I had a 90 pt week last week. Everything can come together. Two weeks of 170 pts and you are back in it.

OK, here's your motivation (not just you, but anyone). I've waited all my life for this (high stakes FF). I've worked, slaved, read countless fantasy magazines, spent hundreds of hours running projections and even more time researching players to even have this opportunity, and I don't intend to give up on it now. Jimmy V - Don't give up, don't ever give up.

THAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION!
[/QUOTE]Thanks for the encouraging words, Gordon. You're not the horse's ass that I perceived you to be. Oh, I haven't "given up" yet, but I must admit that I could have been better prepared for the draft. As I said in a prior post, I brought my weed-head friend to the draft to cross drafted players off of my list while I went in the hall and smoked cigarettes after EVERY one of my picks. The time I spent catching up with the draft would have been better used on strategy. As for the injuries, I'm not complaining, because everyone has them and there is nothing you can do about it, especially cry. If I get through Jamal's suspension with .500 ball, I can make a run at the division. It's unlikely, but I never say never until the fat lady sings. Christ, I sound like a head coach. The league fee doesn't faze me as I lose double that on some Sundays. But c'mon...I thought Pennington was a steal in Round 6...guess I was wrong. I need Curtis Martin to start acting his age. ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:44 am

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
Tomlinson, Holt and Ward.... I'm in the wrong league... That was my league!! I was picking out of the 13 hole. NOTHING I could do about it except watch. K.Jones was taken before those two. :mad: :mad:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:46 am

Originally posted by Primo:
Thanks for the encouraging words, Gordon. You're not the horse's ass that I perceived you to be. That's good to hear.

Originally posted by Primo:
But c'mon...I thought Pennington was a steal in Round 6...guess I was wrong. I took Pennington as my QB in the mid-season league. The S.Moss injury hurts though.

[ October 16, 2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?