Free Agency Question

chriseibl

Free Agency Question

Post by chriseibl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I thought free agency pickups go from top guy on the list to bottom guy on the list if they're on the same claim list... I'm stuck with some pretty awful kickers this week as a result of this apparently not being the case (it took the claims from around the bottom of my 15 kicker list in two leagues) and not happy about it, though I acknowledge this could be my fault if I missed something.

Is this something everyone is aware of and I just blew it? If so, my bad... but I would certainly expect bids be processed from top to bottom within the same string.

[ October 02, 2010, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: chriseibl ]

HOF

Free Agency Question

Post by HOF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:25 pm

join the club..waiting to hear from staff about this

King of Queens

Free Agency Question

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm

From what Larry and Octane posted, there appears to be some kind of a programming error. It seems that if you have multiple players on a list with the same bid amount for everyone, it takes the last guy on the list as the primary bid.

Max Factor

Free Agency Question

Post by Max Factor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Originally posted by High Octane Football:
join the club..waiting to hear from staff about this Ditto!!!!!!!!
Jeff Potok

Shrink Attack

Free Agency Question

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:17 pm

I was afraid that might happen, so I never bid the same dollar amount within a Bid Claim. I always stagger the bids by $1 just to make sure. Shouldn't have to, but I do it anyway.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Free Agency Question

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
I was afraid that might happen, so I never bid the same dollar amount within a Bid Claim. I always stagger the bids by $1 just to make sure. Shouldn't have to, but I do it anyway. I do the exact same thing Paul, unless I am truly split (and dont care which player I get.

BLACKHAND

Free Agency Question

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
I was afraid that might happen, so I never bid the same dollar amount within a Bid Claim. I always stagger the bids by $1 just to make sure. Shouldn't have to, but I do it anyway. I do the exact same thing Paul, unless I am truly split (and dont care which player I get. [/QUOTE]me 2. by one dollar just to be safe.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Max Factor

Free Agency Question

Post by Max Factor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
I was afraid that might happen, so I never bid the same dollar amount within a Bid Claim. I always stagger the bids by $1 just to make sure. Shouldn't have to, but I do it anyway. I do the exact same thing Paul, unless I am truly split (and dont care which player I get. [/QUOTE]me 2. by one dollar just to be safe.
[/QUOTE]While that is a good idea that I never thought of, it still should process in the order of preference. I (hope) am sure this will be corrected. I am not aware of this happening in previous weeks. Has it?
Jeff Potok

Sebadiah23

Free Agency Question

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm

This is the first time to my knowledge and it indeed DID happen.

I have many examples because I made a lot of 1 dollar bids on long lists of people and got the bottom person in every case.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

GOD Loves You

Free Agency Question

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
It seems that if you have multiple players on a list with the same bid amount for everyone, it takes the last guy on the list as the primary bid. Well that makes a ton of sense. :rolleyes:
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL