720 Teams In The NFFC Online Championship

blastik

Post by blastik » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:12 am

Why do you think there are so many more people playing this year? More awareness due to the magazines? Seems like quite a feat considering the lousy economy...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 am

Originally posted by blastik:
Why do you think there are so many more people playing this year? More awareness due to the magazines? Seems like quite a feat considering the lousy economy... A few reasons jump out in my opinion:

1. This event was a huge success last year. We planned for 300 teams and finished with 512. So clearly, the 12-team format at $350 was a format and price point plenty of people really liked.

2. The payout percentage for this event is the best in the industry.

3. The Fanball user base and reach our company has have made a HUGE impact. We are reaching customers who pay to play fantasy football in much stronger ways than we ever have before. The number of new participants in all of our events is higher than in year's past and I think much of that is due directly to the fact we now work for Fanball.

I think when you combine those elements as well as some others that explains the growth we've seen in the OC this year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

blastik

Post by blastik » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 am

Fair enough! I've talked a few friends into joining it this year, so I know for a fact word of mouth is going for it, too.
In any event, the popularity is great to see! :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:32 am

Word of mouth is absolutely important. That's been one of the strongest ways we've grown all of our events. Thanks for spreading the word.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 am

Would you rather take 4 shots at 50K for $350 each or one shot at 100K for $1400?

No travel. No extra costs. No life disruption like when taking part in live events.

The big question is whether or not the online versions will act as feeder events to the big show or possibly hinder their growth?

In 2011 I hope to see the Classic version, 14 teams, launched side-by-side with the 12 teamer. The 6-pack offer next year, only $1900, could include 3 online teams from each of the two formats. I would also tie these two together for bonus prizes using cumulative scoring.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

blastik

Post by blastik » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:05 am

I agree, Rob, and that's the reason I play. However, there is clearly a larger number finding out about the event in general compared to last year. Aside from logistical reasons, it's obvious the promotion for this event has been strong.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:14 am

Originally posted by blastik:
I agree, Rob, and that's the reason I play. However, there is clearly a larger number finding out about the event in general compared to last year. Aside from logistical reasons, it's obvious the promotion for this event has been strong. I agree. I think that comes from Fanball's extensive user base of fantasy football players as well as word of mouth. There are also folks who've been checking us out for awhile and are jumping in this year for the first time. All of those are factoring into the strong numbers this event continues to generate.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 am

Just a heads up to everyone who is still considering this contest that we'll likely sell out all 720 spots this week, so grab a spot now if you're serious about jumping into this event. We are averaging 20+ signups a day for this contest and now have less than 80 spots left. Since we went over our goal of 600 teams, we'll have additional prize money to distribute and I'll announce how we'll do that shortly. The grand prize will remain at $50,000 as there's no reason to increase that one prize. We want to spread this out so more people enjoy the additional prize money, not just one person.

Again, there are limited spots in limited draft dates left, so grab one now or you'll miss out on this great contest. And I'll post the new prize structure this week. Thanks all and good luck to everyone drafting online.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:38 am

We now have only 36 spots left for the NFFC Online Championship and every date is full before Sept. 5th. We have only a few spots left for Sept. 5, 6, 7 and 8 and then this contest will be closed.

Sign up today or tomorrow because these final spots could be taken shortly. We are averaging 20+ signups a day for this contest, so I'd expect these final spots to go fast. Thanks to everyone for a great, great season and good luck to everyone in the hunt for the $50,000 grand prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:46 am

Congrats!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King