how many satellite leagues?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:26 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Jules, here. I am happy to report that I am NOT at the top of the list as to how many leagues is one involved! I know at least 2 people that are in more leagues than me!

I'm in 34 leagues (37 in you count football pools).

In the NFFC I am in The Main & the $1300 DC. 15 Satellites. I treated a lot of the Satellites as mocks, thus why I was in so many. I might not do this next year (in part because draft informed will be available for purchase I've heard). I was playing with house money in The Main & DC through Satellite winings last year.

H2H LV2 Champ = $2500, in a 3 week play for another $2500.
DC not gonna win, place or show!
SATs - undetermined, might win a few...

I played in a similar amount of leagues last year and netted a profit of $6500 (after deducting entry fees). This year I am up $2100 (after deducting $5100 for entry fees) and hopefully will add more. thats amazing.. where do you get the time to do all these leagues.. does anyone work anymore..lol.. more power to you.. i do know that when i retire, i'll probably just go in as many leagues as i can get into and do that full time..lol..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:03 pm

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
When I look at "success", I simply look at "did I turn a profit (for EACH league, not collectively)"?

I am playing in 12 NFFC leagues this year (all 3 live events + Diesel DieHard, and 8 satellites.

Coming into this season, I played in 18 NFFC leagues and turned a profit in 9 of them.

This season, I haven't been as fortunate, as out of the 12 I am in this year, I am only GUARANTEED one right now (Main), but am still "in the hunt" in 5 others, but will most likely "break even" in two others (which I personally don't count), have a decent shot in the H2H, an outside shot in a 4 person points satellite (had a bad week last week) and will most likely get 2nd in a WTA which gives me nothing.

So if I do only turn out to be 1 for 12 in "turning a profit" this year, I would be 10 of 30 for 4 years (33%).

There are people out there who say "well if you're in that many leagues you're bound to win some". While I agree, "turning a profit" (in the NFFC you most likely have to finish in 1st or 2nd- and WTA's 2nd place means NOTHING) is not as easy, and I know MANY people who have participated in 15+ leagues in the past 4 years and haven't sniffed a profit yet in ONE league.

This is why I don't buy into the fact that there is more luck than skill in fantasy football. thats crazy, im in like 6 leagues and it's tough to handle and keep track... i give you a lot of credit.. thats tough.. next year im going to do more satellites.. i just like the playoff format so much better.
[/QUOTE]Counting all the other contests/leagues I play in, I am in 24 this year, and have to manage 16 (8 are DraftChamps).

It's work, but I love it! :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Team Canada:
I would be very interested in seeing what people's results were only including NFFC style league's percentage wise in terms of hypothetically making the playoffs in the main, as I know from reading the names in the sattelite leagues and then seeing multiple NFFC playoff births from them the competition is just as stiff if not tougher in the sattelite's
I do believe people would probably lie but I will start with my record:
I was in the main and 2 sattelites my main was hit really hard with injuries and one sattelite was absolutely destroyed by injuries leaving me one fairly healthy team that is second in scoring and pumped a 220 in the first week of playoffs.
That's 1 out of 3 33.333% I would be very interested to see what the major talkers on here put up especially snake who it seems has dissappeared? ...the Main is infinitely easier than some of the Satellites like The SNAKE Classic, SuperSatelliteDC28, NY/Chicago Grudge, Billy Wazass DC, etc...

...here's SNAKE 2007 record here;

1) $650 Tampax Auction: the SNAKEsquad made the playoffs, but ultimately injuries to Roy Williams, Javon Walker, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and DJ Hackett were too much for even The Humble & Brilliant Serpent to overcome...thus, one and done...

2) SNAKE Classic: due to a lack of significant injuries by 2007 standards here (Ronnie Brown & Andre Johnson only) one of the remaining Final Four teams left with a real chance to be crowned King Reptile...

3) SSDC28 (Super Satellite DC28): the SNAKEsquad was amongst the top three for much of the year and has begun to fade in recent weeks, currently 7th overall (out of 28 teams) but has an outside chance at finishing in the money (top 3)...

4) Magazine II League: just finished out of the playoffs as a top four finisher here (5th overall)...

5) $250 Satellite: finished 12th as the SNAKEsquad was simply not good enough to overcome significant injuries here (Ronnie Brown, Javon Walker, DJ Hackett, DeShawn Wynn, Jesse Chatman, Vernon Davis)...

...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

You mentioned before you were in SEVEN NFFC leagues this year.

The other two were the Main Event and the 7/31 auction DC.

How did you finish in those???

FYI, I'm betting on something here. ;)

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Wow I thought someone might say they might have 8-10 NFFC teams but didnt expect higher than that. Here's how I've faired:

Main: finished middle of the pack in my league so nothing there
2 satellites: good chance to finish 1st or 2nd in one of them and 2nd or 3rd in the other.

I've really enjoyed the satellite leagues and think I'm going to double my efforts next year and do 4 instead of 2 (pending wife's approval)

Good post BillyWaz. I also agree there is more skill than luck involved in fantasy football (although I think even less luck involved in fantasy baseball)...And more leagues equals more work and time but if you love it, you will find the time.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 pm

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Team Canada:
I would be very interested in seeing what people's results were only including NFFC style league's percentage wise in terms of hypothetically making the playoffs in the main, as I know from reading the names in the sattelite leagues and then seeing multiple NFFC playoff births from them the competition is just as stiff if not tougher in the sattelite's
I do believe people would probably lie but I will start with my record:
I was in the main and 2 sattelites my main was hit really hard with injuries and one sattelite was absolutely destroyed by injuries leaving me one fairly healthy team that is second in scoring and pumped a 220 in the first week of playoffs.
That's 1 out of 3 33.333% I would be very interested to see what the major talkers on here put up especially snake who it seems has dissappeared? ...the Main is infinitely easier than some of the Satellites like The SNAKE Classic, SuperSatelliteDC28, NY/Chicago Grudge, Billy Wazass DC, etc...

...here's SNAKE 2007 record here;

1) $650 Tampax Auction: the SNAKEsquad made the playoffs, but ultimately injuries to Roy Williams, Javon Walker, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and DJ Hackett were too much for even The Humble & Brilliant Serpent to overcome...thus, one and done...

2) SNAKE Classic: due to a lack of significant injuries by 2007 standards here (Ronnie Brown & Andre Johnson only) one of the remaining Final Four teams left with a real chance to be crowned King Reptile...

3) SSDC28 (Super Satellite DC28): the SNAKEsquad was amongst the top three for much of the year and has begun to fade in recent weeks, currently 7th overall (out of 28 teams) but has an outside chance at finishing in the money (top 3)...

4) Magazine II League: just finished out of the playoffs as a top four finisher here (5th overall)...

5) $250 Satellite: finished 12th as the SNAKEsquad was simply not good enough to overcome significant injuries here (Ronnie Brown, Javon Walker, DJ Hackett, DeShawn Wynn, Jesse Chatman, Vernon Davis)...

...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

You mentioned before you were in SEVEN NFFC leagues this year.

The other two were the Main Event and the 7/31 auction DC.

How did you finish in those???

FYI, I'm betting on something here. ;)
[/QUOTE]...well, well, well...Mr. Waz...as you are aware of here, SNAKE's Main was fifth in total points in his league (just 15 points behind the legendary Johnny Junkie) despite his huge, self-inflicted faux pas in his FAAB and more than his share of injuries as well...

...as for that other bush Fantasyauctioneer.com Satellite league, The Serpent's feelings on that league are well documented (it has to do with being frozen out/KO'd off site more than double digit times)...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]If memory serves MANY including myself were KO'ed off that site, especially when you were the only one to obtain Ahman Green because more than 1/2 the league "froze". Geez Snake, if you would have got Green, you would be even WORSE!! :eek: You should be counting your blessings!

So that would make it EITHER 0 for 7 or 1 for 7 (if you come through in the Snake Classic) for this year in making any $$$, correct?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:28 pm

If memory serves MANY including myself were KO'ed off that site, especially when you were the only one to obtain Ahman Green because more than 1/2 the league "froze". Geez Snake, if you would have got Green, you would be even WORSE!! :eek: You should be counting your blessings!

So that would make it EITHER 0 for 7 or 1 for 7 (if you come through in the Snake Classic) for this year in making any $$$, correct?

Oh by the way..I won my bet. ;) ...is it just SNAKE or can you honestly not read?...Ahman Green WAS NOT EVEN MENTIONED in his post...please re-read ALL and TRY to comprehend, oh-blessed Schoolteacher...thanks much...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Simply mentioning that you COULD have had Ahman Green, but didn't get him because MANY OTHERS got "froze".

You obviously would have been worse off had you got him, but were fortunate that others had problems. He was them put back in the pool, and you didn't get him the 2nd time around.

That worked IN YOUR FAVOR Snake, but that doesn't cry the blues like the "bad luck beats", eh comrade?..... hehehehehe!

[ December 14, 2007, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]