14 Team Leagues vs. 12 Team Leagues

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:27 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Riff-Raff...with all due respect, SNAKE hadn't a clue that Paul had passed...SNAKE's sincere condolences...SNAKE Can't quote the exact time frame...but early 80's?? Snake needs to brush up on current events!!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...actually SNAKE is quite caught up on international affairs/domestic politics/current events/FF and the like, but when it comes to pop culture, there is much to be desired unfortunately or not...SNAKE Fair enough....it wasn't very "current" regardless!! :rolleyes:

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:31 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
Nag, I guess I was also saying that I don't agree that a prepared player has any less "options" in a 14 team draft than a 12 team draft. I interpreted that you were saying the only way to be competitive in a 14 team draft is to draft RB's early and by that I assume you mean 2 rounds 2 RBs or 3 rounds 2 RBs. And then if you have an early round pick or a late round pick you can't draft a competitive team if you are on the wrong side of a TE or QB run. I don't agree with any of that as it specifically applies to a 14 team league vs a 12 team leagueHey, it's only my opinion. Certainly not fact but my 6 seasons of drafting and studying the NFFC & WCOFF format have taught me a thing or two. I'd elaborate more but I'd rather not - I knwo you understand. Maybe we'll revisit this topic after the draft in Spetember.
For Players. By Players.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Nag, are you in either format this coming fall ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Nag, can you actually say a 12 team DRAFT isn't easier than a 14 team DRAFT? I think people are confusing the fact that it is difficult to build a strong team with little holes in a 14 teamer with the draft itself being difficult. But everyone has that problem in the 14 teamer - most teams end up with some kind of holes - it's the nature of the format, which is what my point is.

The 12 teamers allow you to build more solid teams from top to bottom because of less talent dilution, but the draft itself isn't any easier. You still have to build a better team than the other 11 owners which is just as difficult.

Get what I'm saying?
For Players. By Players.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:39 pm

Originally posted by FISHER:
Nag, are you in either format this coming fall ? Both and hopefully for years to come.
For Players. By Players.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm

Like UFS said...

lets bump the grandprize to 200k minimum...that is the first thing that should be done...

lets be realistic...100 grand minus uncle sam's cut....divided in two (most peeps have a partner)....

u are left with enough to cover my bar bill at the golf club house
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:24 pm

A note...

I've said this for too long...

If there really is a concrete problem with the fairness of a 12 or 14 team random draft...change the amount of teams.

You all trying to Kentucky Derby and BBDS are missing the big picture...the problem lies in you all believing that you must have an early pick to win.

If that is the case...and you feel there is a big advantage to having the first 3 picks...make the 2nd AND 3rd round go in reverse.

Round 1 goes 1-14...rounds 2 and 3 go 14-1, or 12-1 depending on format.

Otherwise...you are looking for an advantage (especially if you have done BBDS before) even before the first selection. You are gauranteeing that you can have the #1 pick every year if you are willing to spend the max on it...and that sucks.

Many outsiders would see the complexity of the actual selecting of draft spots and move along to the next competition.

This NFFC isn't about attracting all the sharks...is it? Bring on the guppies...let your ego's go!

~Lance

[ June 28, 2006, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver