The Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Are the bronco's gonna have a real featured back NOW that they have Moreno and Shannahan is gone?

Detroit surprised me with pettigrew there. I'm not expecting a John Carlson out of him just yet this year.

Oh and my Slow draft DC pick of mark Bradley looks a little better after Gonzo's exit.
How 'bout a pat on the back for chris:)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Prediction on the Colts draft from a homer...

They take Moreno, Jerry, or Hood at #27 and then trade up in the second to get the pothead but talented Percy Harvin or Laurinitas.

Fingers crossed... if you would've returned my call yesterday I could have told you the Colts pick will be Donald Brown. ;)
[/QUOTE]BAM!!! and I don't even have a web site for this stuff ;)
[/QUOTE]Nice call!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

eddietheking

Post by eddietheking » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:27 pm

49ers fan here , very happy to have drafted Crabtree! Wow I can't believe he fell to us and also we got a #1 next year. First 1st round skill player that will probably succeed the 49ers drafted in years, So much for the talent evaluators in Oakland 7 and GB 9 and Seattle 4 for offensive firepower needs.
I agree with Tom, Ted T in GB just won't make a move, Tony G, one of my favorite CAL players could've been had, for a 2nd! Atlanta got a LOT better, he'll help the run game too by taking the safety out of the box.
Both moves make Gore and Turner move up in my RB board, a little, they were already pretty high!

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:46 am

SO TOM WHAT WOULD GRADE WOULD YOU GIVE THE PACKERS DRAFT?

YOU ASK ME THEY DID BETTER THAN ANY TEAM IN THE DIVISION.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:54 am

I like the Packers' draft. As I've said one of my main criticisms of Ted Thompson was how little aggressiveness he's displayed. So I was quite shocked - but pleased - to see him boldly go after Mathews. Rajai was the guy I wanted at 9 so I think those two should help a poor defense already. On paper, this looks like it could be Thompson's best draft. We'll see how it plays out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich