Say A Prayer For George

Greg Ambrosius

Say A Prayer For George

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:42 pm

I know he doesn't want me to do this, but I believe in the power of prayer and with so many folks expected to be on the NFFC Message Boards these next two days I felt this was the right time to do this. Besides, I've always said that the NFFC is one big extended family and when one of our family members is down we must do everything in our power to bring them back up.

George Kleemann of Palatine, Illinois has been a good friend of ours since he joined the NFBC in 2004, he's been a great competitor in all of our events, he's been a fun guy at the drafts and he's made our live events a family adventure as his two sons and his wife all have their own NFBC teams along with himself. George loves our events so much that he actually told his son to change the date of his wedding because it was conflicting with one of our baseball drafts a few years ago. His son and new daughter-in-law-to-be thought he was kidding, but dad wasn't and the date of the wedding was changed. :D

Now George needs our help. He is scheduled to compete in both Draft Champions Leagues in Chicago and both main events and he is going to do that hell or high water. But a nasty bug bite has put George in the hospital for the last two months and taken his mobility away from him for now. He told me he can see the Schaumburg Renaissance Hotel from his hospital room and he had hoped to walk out of that hospital and right into our draft, but unfortunately the good Lord won't allow that just yet and he faces surgery next week. As per George's orders, he told that surgeon last week that he can't have the surgery on Friday as the doctor wanted because he's doing two live drafts, so surgery will have to wait until George does back-to-back doubleheaders with us. :D

George is retired and in the prime of his life, but the Lord works in mysterious ways and he threw George a curveball just when his beloved Cubs are on the verge of winning the World Series for the first time in a century. :D Thankfully, George has good spirits, his sound mind and four drafts to look forward to and then somehow he will beat this mysterious bite. I'm convinced that football will give George the competitive spirit to keep pushing forward through all this and that he will walk into our baseball draft next March good as new, with his lovely wife Sandi on his arm. No other scenario is imaginable.

Sandi is going to be with George on Friday and Sandi and track every pick and we will accommodate George with a phone hookup into all four Chicago drafts. We've had inconveniences before and taken care of our members -- like Hurricane Katrina, family births, more bad weather, etc. -- but nothing like this. George, it's the least we can do, so be ready to fight for all four titles. Nobody will take it easy on you. :D

George, you will always be the head of the NFBC's first family. Our prayers are with you and we wish you God's graces through these tough times. You'll be working out and walking your dogs in no time, so hang in there. We'll see ya on Friday and Saturday, even if we can't SEE ya. :D Thanks my friend and good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Hard heads

Say A Prayer For George

Post by Hard heads » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting George and Sandi yet, but my prayers are with you on a speedy recovery and I look forward to competing against you in Football and again in Baseball next March!

BillyWaz

Say A Prayer For George

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:51 pm

Met George briefly in Chicago in 06, and he is a nice guy.

Prayers from my family go out to him as well.

kapefear

Say A Prayer For George

Post by kapefear » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Greg, thats a touch of class...wish ya the best george and hope to see you at fenway park in october..god bless ya.

da bears

Say A Prayer For George

Post by da bears » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery George.
Bauler Shot Caller

INIT2WINIT

Say A Prayer For George

Post by INIT2WINIT » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:00 pm

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP GEORGE, GOD BLESS U

Tom Kessenich

Say A Prayer For George

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:01 pm

As Greg said, George and his family have become a part of our family. I remember our first year with the NFBC. I was running the event in Chicago and George was there with his son in a partial league. He was new to fantasy sports - George's passion has been horse racing - but he really enjoyed what we were doing and it's safe to say he was immediately hooked. Not only did George return for both our football and baseball events but like Greg said he's brought in his lovely wife Sandi and various members of his family. George has been a big part of our family ever since and we always enjoy hearing from him and look forward to his taking part in our events. We know he'll be ready to go next weekend and we're all here thinking good thoughts for him.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raiders

Say A Prayer For George

Post by Raiders » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:19 pm

George,

Hope everything works out for you, The Reuss family prayers go out to you as well.

On a side note, why are weddings always scheduled on draft day? George way to lay down the law from the start. :D

John

Jersey Dawg

Say A Prayer For George

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 pm

The best wishes for a speedy recovery from me and my family to you George. Something tells me the rest of us will be working on 2nd place this year as it's very likely you will be finishing first.

God bless you and get well soon.

Pete