Live Chat With Greg A. On Monday At 3 pm ET

botherk

Post by botherk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:53 am

Greg,
Are you still having fun?

Or has this become more job than fun?

Sorry for the lateness, I haven't checked on the football side in awhile.

Dan
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:04 am

[/qb][/QUOTE]I am one of the many NFFC members who got gipped by Fantasy Jungle. I was with them from their inception and I won at least some $$ every year. There was one warning sign that I didn't pay enough attention to and it finally came back to bite me (and others). FJ was always a little late in paying out their winners. In retrospect, they couldn't pay the previous season's winners until they got money from their next contest buy-ins or the next season's buy-ins. Obviously, they didn't secure each contest's winnings. So, if you win money from a contest and they can't pay you for a month or more after the season, that is a major red flag. [/QB][/quote]

Fanball.com does this in all their contests, it can take up to 3 months to get your prize money. Almost without exception this is after the next season starts. I got my football check in late March this year.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
Greg,
Are you still having fun?

Or has this become more job than fun?

Sorry for the lateness, I haven't checked on the football side in awhile.

Dan Dan, in early April it was the WORST JOB possible!! :D But no, I'm still having fun. The birth of a new season always gets me going in a positive fashion and I'm excited about the upcoming football season. I hate the politics of the Wild, Wild West high-stakes football business because it's nothing like what we have in baseball, but such is life.

Come join us for an online team. You'll like the waters here and it makes the football season more enjoyable.

There are certainly worse jobs in the world than the one I have, Dan!! :D When it does become a JOB, you know I'll let the world know and switch over to the other side of the draft table.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
I am one of the many NFFC members who got gipped by Fantasy Jungle. I was with them from their inception and I won at least some $$ every year. There was one warning sign that I didn't pay enough attention to and it finally came back to bite me (and others). FJ was always a little late in paying out their winners. In retrospect, they couldn't pay the previous season's winners until they got money from their next contest buy-ins or the next season's buy-ins. Obviously, they didn't secure each contest's winnings. So, if you win money from a contest and they can't pay you for a month or more after the season, that is a major red flag. [/QB][/quote]

Fanball.com does this in all their contests, it can take up to 3 months to get your prize money. Almost without exception this is after the next season starts. I got my football check in late March this year. [/QB][/quote]

I'm not sure how quickly Fanball pays in all of its contests Michael, but the NFFC paid out its winners by late January last year and in the five previous seasons. In years past we always paid our regular season winners before Christmas and that is the plan again this year, with the post-season winners being paid in January.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius