Owen Daniels

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
In baseball you start 23 players each week.

In football you start 10.

Obviously losing a quality football player is MUCH more devastating than in baseball. Are Daniel's owners doomed....hopefully not. However, it is a MUCH bigger hit than losing ANYONE in baseball. As you know I lost Reyes (my first rounder) for the majority of the year, but I still won my league. I'm sure Daniel's owners can overcome, but it certainly is much more difficult.

You know better than that, so YOU stop being silly! ;) I see you said losing Daniels “is a MUCH bigger hit than losing ANYONE in baseball”.

Personally, I don’t think losing Daniels is even remotely close to losing Poodles or HRAM. I think you are WAY off base in your comparisons Waz. If you thought Daniels was the equivalent of Poodles or HRAM, you woulda grabbed him in the 5th round in EVERY one of your drafts. If Daniels is Poodles, who does Dallas Clark compare to…God?

Asutute owners could have picked up F.Davis just least week, and he would have likely provided at least a couple weeks of good production.

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:20 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
As you know I lost Reyes (my first rounder) for the majority of the year, but I still won my league. $125 Satellite leagues don't count Waz!!!! ;)

BillyWaz

Owen Daniels

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:22 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
In baseball you start 23 players each week.

In football you start 10.

Obviously losing a quality football player is MUCH more devastating than in baseball. Are Daniel's owners doomed....hopefully not. However, it is a MUCH bigger hit than losing ANYONE in baseball. As you know I lost Reyes (my first rounder) for the majority of the year, but I still won my league. I'm sure Daniel's owners can overcome, but it certainly is much more difficult.

You know better than that, so YOU stop being silly! ;) I see you said losing Daniels “is a MUCH bigger hit than losing ANYONE in baseball”.

Personally, I don’t think losing Daniels is even remotely close to losing Poodles or HRAM. I think you are WAY off base in your comparisons Waz. If you thought Daniels was the equivalent of Poodles or HRAM, you woulda grabbed him in the 5th round in EVERY one of your drafts. If Daniels is Poodles, who does Dallas Clark compare to…God?

Asutute owners could have picked up F.Davis just least week, and he would have likely provided at least a couple weeks of good production.
[/QUOTE]ANYONE may have been much. You get the point.

As for Fred Davis, that is complete speculation. I think this year has taught us that MOST free agent pickups have been complete duds.

[ November 02, 2009, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Owen Daniels

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:23 am

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
As you know I lost Reyes (my first rounder) for the majority of the year, but I still won my league. $125 Satellite leagues don't count Waz!!!! ;) [/QUOTE]C'mon, can't you give me a little credit???

bobsgym13

Owen Daniels

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:34 am

I don’t think I made any skill/luck jabs on this thread. This thread was purely a 'this sucks' thread until you inserted:

"ya, i agree, this news sucks. with that said, i believe he was a 7th round draft pick. shouldn't be that big a loss for people."

I basically said that it's not a good point to which you said:

"if an owner can't overcome an injury to their 7th rounder they can't be that skilled."

Nobody was talking about skill/luck in this thread and you have inserted skill/luck comments 738 times in the short time that I have been on the boards. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just sayin

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:55 am

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
This thread was purely a 'this sucks' thread until you inserted:

"ya, i agree, this news sucks. with that said, i believe he was a 7th round draft pick. shouldn't be that big a loss for people."

I basically said that it's not a good point to which you said:

"if an owner can't overcome an injury to their 7th rounder they can't be that skilled."

Nobody was talking about skill/luck in this thread and you have inserted skill/luck comments 738 times in the short time that I have been on the boards. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just sayin

Bob Bob - Don't sell your fellow owners out. If an owner backed up Daniels with a decent TE, they are still in good shape. Owners that went without a TE net (backup plan) are in some trouble.

Don't read more than that into it. I understand some Daniels owners are in pain today. I completely understand why. I wish injuries didn't happen, but they do. Again, losing a 7th rounder is a lot easier to deal with than lsoing a 1st or 2nd rounder.

KenGill

Owen Daniels

Post by KenGill » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:28 am

TE is a scare position. Hopefully Daniels owners had him backed up with a decent replacement. If not, then they really can't complain.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

bald is beautiful

Owen Daniels

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:59 am

ya, i agree, this news sucks. with that said, i believe he was a 7th round draft pick. shouldn't be that big a loss for people. GG - are you nuts? It doesn't matter where he was drafted, it matters what he was producing. He was maybe the TOP TE this year.

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
ya, i agree, this news sucks. with that said, i believe he was a 7th round draft pick. shouldn't be that big a loss for people. GG - are you nuts? It doesn't matter where he was drafted, it matters what he was producing. He was maybe the TOP TE this year. [/QUOTE]he's a 7th rounder who outproduced his ranking.

no one COUNTED on him being a core player if they drafted him in the 7th round!!!! Monday morning QB'ing, that's all.