Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 am

I posted my thoughts on Tebow in my Week 8 thread. As someone who owns Tebow in a couple of leagues, I can say that he won't be starting this week for me unless I have no other choice and I may try and drop him in one of the leagues. I'm very concerned he could get yanked if he starts off poorly again. He has QB1 upside without a doubt but I'm not taking a chance on getting a 0 from a starting QB if I can help it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikenj46

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mikenj46 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:02 am

Tom,

Here's the question I have regarding Tebow...I also have him in a few leagues and won't be starting him if I have another viable option.

However, in one league, currently in first, my starting QB is Fitzpatrick. I have Bradford as well, but who knows if he's going to be ready this week.

Would you go Fitzpatrick against the Jets or roll the dice with Tebow one more time? I'm even considering picking up Dalton for a few dollars and playing him against Tenn.

Thoughts?

mikenj46

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mikenj46 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:57 am

For the record....I'm also terrified of starting Tebow and having him pulled mid game before he gets his garbage time points.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 am

Originally posted by mikenj46:

Would you go Fitzpatrick against the Jets or roll the dice with Tebow one more time? I'm even considering picking up Dalton for a few dollars and playing him against Tenn.

I'd absolutely start Fitz (regardless of the matchup) or Dalton over Tebow. Tebow has more upside than either one but he also has considerably more downside if he was to be benched during the game.

Your matchup also will play a factor. If you feel like you're the favorite, then I think you can play it safe and sit Tebow. If you need the points badly then you may have to assume the risk and start Tebow and hope he doesn't get benched.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 am

I would start the guy with the highest ceiling and that is definitely Tebow. I just want first or last....

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:32 am

I'm starting Tebow in one of the leagues I own him in. Whether I start him in the other league I have him will be determined by how FAAB goes tonight. What are other Tebow owners doing? Is he in your starting lineup this week or is the fear of a potential benching too much risk for you to take?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by The Franchise » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm starting Tebow in one of the leagues I own him in. Whether I start him in the other league I have him will be determined by how FAAB goes tonight. What are other Tebow owners doing? Is he in your starting lineup this week or is the fear of a potential benching too much risk for you to take? I bet he puts up 30 or 3 pts...... With that said, I'm starting him in most places.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Forecast on Sunday is calling for rain in Oakland. That may impact my decision to start Tebow. It's difficult for me to see him adapting well to inclement weather of any kind.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:38 am

As bad as today has been for overall fantasy scoring, at least watching Tebow "throw" is very entertaining! Unreal how he uses his 30-minute looooooong-ass windup even on screens? Wow! The two end zone throws at his receivers feet were hilarious too. :D

How fitting that at halftime, his rushing yards equal his passing yards, 48.

Of course vs. OAK, I still wouldn't doubt it if he could "throw" another late-game TD to Decker to somehow fantasy-salvage yet another pitiful outing. He's already over 13 NFFC points, which isn't bad for a half a game. So as usual, and as many have said, despite the entertaining ugliness, the guy does produce in fantasy - at least vs. lesser teams. But as others have said too, it's highly unlikely he keeps his job long enough to keep doing this.

Seriously, pack another 10-20 lbs. on him and move him to TE. Throw screens to him all day and let him run with it. He might actually play a few more NFL years like that.

[ November 06, 2011, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 am

There ya go! Now THAT was a nice pass to a wide open receiver!

Watch him finish with over 30, as Franchise suggested.