Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm not sure why there have to be issued qualifiers with Tebow's production. Are the same qualifiers used for other QBs who do well? Aaron Rodgers has faced eight of the worst defenses in the league this season. Should that be viewed as a strike against his production? I'm obviously not saying Tebow's as good as Rodgers but I don't understand why Tebow is held to standards other QBs are not. I think that one is pretty simple. Rodgers had proved himself beyond a doubt. He has had 3-4 very good/great seasons, won a Super Bowl and been MVP of the Super Bowl. This year he is going to win the MVP of the league! Rodgers has proved he can and will produce against the very best at the most important time.

If Tebow gets MVP votes those writers should lose their credentials. Because his team was bad and he became the starter and the TEAM won a lot of games that makes him a piece of the success. Not a player worthy of any MVP votes.
Pat Sorge

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i dont want either one but you sure take this hard. lol. take a chill pill man. its only football.

down goes tebow Ok Frank. Bu tif I see Tebow on your roster next year, I'll razz u till the cows come home. and yes, I'm a little ticked already today having a bad week in the championship round .

Tebow = Rocky
[/QUOTE]Tebow=white version of vince young
[/QUOTE]Exactly. Tebow builds hospitals in third-world countries and V Young makes it rain in strip clubs. :cool:
[/QUOTE]HEY HEY . thats low. i have done alot of praying at strip clubs and most of them STILL did not go home with me.
[/QUOTE]LOL that was good...hahaha
[/QUOTE]Can u blame them?

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 pm

AS A ROOKIE mind u , gets a chance to start week 16:
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
T. Tebow 16 29 308 2 (1 rush)

Whats that , 30 fantasy points?

Week 17

200 pass yards, 2 td's, 94 rushing yards 1 rush TD

Whats that? 38 fantasy points?

Well just discount all that cause he wasn't playing the 1985 Bears defense . ;)

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

The almighty Tom Brady and the best team in the AFC, the Pats, installed as 6 point favorites by Vegas oddsmakers????

6 POINTS? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't the oddsmakers realize that Tebow is horrible and can't throw a football?

Answer: Do not bet against this kid.

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:28 am

Originally posted by Old School:
The almighty Tom Brady and the best team in the AFC, the Pats, installed as 6 point favorites by Vegas oddsmakers????

Answer: Do not bet against this kid. Ok then. If you're so sure about it, let's bet.

You take Tebow +6 points. If you win, I can't ever post anything about Tebow again on this message board. If I win, you can't ever post anything on this message board about Tebow again.

Let's see how confident you are now.

Not sure what excuse you'll be coming up with, but I doubt you'll stand behind your words.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

renman

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by renman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm not sure why there have to be issued qualifiers with Tebow's production. Are the same qualifiers used for other QBs who do well? Aaron Rodgers has faced eight of the worst defenses in the league this season. Should that be viewed as a strike against his production? I'm obviously not saying Tebow's as good as Rodgers but I don't understand why Tebow is held to standards other QBs are not.

The bottom line for fantasy is production. Tebow is producing. How he's doing it or who he's doing it against is meaningless from a fantasy perspective. All his owners care about is whether he will produce and thus far he's produced consistently.

The bottom line in the NFL is winning and Tebow and the Broncos are winning. He may not be doing it in conventional fashion (although I would argue in the fourth quarter he often has), but who cares at this point?

If people don't believe in Tebow, that's fine. Heck, I'm not sure I believe in him. It's certainly mind-boggling what he's doing. But instead of issuing qualifiers and seeking to minimize what he's doing because he's not facing a specific level of competition (one few other QBs happen to be facing either as I've pointed out), I'm just going to enjoy the ride. It's definitely been a lot of fun as a Tebow owner and an NFL fan. That's what makes the Broncos-Patriots game one I can't wait to see. Tom,

I know I am on record as saying I think Tebow is obviously limited and I (several weeks ago) said I wasn't even sure he would have a starting job the following season. Though I root hard for him for a number of reasons. To me, it was obvious that Elway saw this as a lost season dumped their best offensive players for future assets (Lloyd/Orton) and threw Tebow in there to ride out the season. The assumption was that he would struggle, the team would be lucky to win a few games and they would end up with a high draft pick while at the same time silencing the Tebow-mania.

Obviously that isn't what happened. Part of it is Tebow being clutch. Part of it is the defense (big part) playing incredible. Part of it is good fortune with the bounce of the balls (barber fumble and running out of bounds). What cannot be measured is how Tebows presence in that locker room has inspired that team and those individual players to perform and take their own individual games to the next level.

The one point/argument I think you are missing (that supports your views) is this. The better QB's in this league are all playing in systems they are comfortable in. They are all multi year veterans in this league. They all are playing in systems designed to fit their style of play. They all have dynamic personnel designed to fit the offensive system.

Tebow has none of the above. I am not even sure he has started 16 NFL games in his career yet. He is borderline a rookie. He was thrown into a bad situation. He isn't in a system designed for his style of play. He is arguably playing in a system that is NOT QB friendly or nurturing (Fox is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust coach). He does not have personnel around him specifically selected to perform in that system. He hasn't had years to learn the nuances of the position.

I do believe that if the Broncos committed to him and built an offense for his style of play, his personal productivity (that most in this thread are judging him on) would really go up. Whether or not that will happen and the Broncos are willing to make that commitment remains to be seen.

[ December 14, 2011, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

Answer: Do not bet against this kid. Ok then. If you're so sure about it, let's bet.

You take Tebow +6 points. If you win, I can't ever post anything about Tebow again on this message board. If I win, you can't ever post anything on this message board about Tebow again.

Not sure what excuse you'll be coming up with, but I doubt you'll stand behind your words.
[/QUOTE]no offence but you have made about 10 posts this whole thread and he has made about 10 posts per page....not a fair bet.

[ December 14, 2011, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 am

[/QUOTE]You're comical Paul. I think 6 points is low. People on have said it should be 14. If you're so sure Tebow is garbage, and they are playing the great Patriots, why dont you give me those points?
I never said the Broncos would win this game, and they shouldnt with a garbage QB, ;)

What words should I stand behind? Please dont insult me. I said the oddsmakers were saying effectively "Dont bet against this guy " by making the spread so low. Quote me where I said I was making this bet against a 6 point spread.......
you can't

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm not sure why there have to be issued qualifiers with Tebow's production. Are the same qualifiers used for other QBs who do well? Aaron Rodgers has faced eight of the worst defenses in the league this season. Should that be viewed as a strike against his production? I'm obviously not saying Tebow's as good as Rodgers but I don't understand why Tebow is held to standards other QBs are not. I think that one is pretty simple. Rodgers had proved himself beyond a doubt. He has had 3-4 very good/great seasons, won a Super Bowl and been MVP of the Super Bowl. This year he is going to win the MVP of the league! Rodgers has proved he can and will produce against the very best at the most important time.

If Tebow gets MVP votes those writers should lose their credentials. Because his team was bad and he became the starter and the TEAM won a lot of games that makes him a piece of the success. Not a player worthy of any MVP votes.
[/QUOTE]Pat, I'm not talking about Rodgers specifically. He's obviously well beyond Tebow both in the NFL and fantasy. I'm talking about Tebow being held to a standard that no other QB appears to be in terms of matchups.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by The Franchise » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 am

[/QUOTE]I won't take this bet

Pats 31
Broncos 24

But I would bet that Tebow outscores Brady this week
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.