Carson Palmer Traded To The Raiders

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:41 am

it was a great trade for the Bengals.

It will be a good trade for the Raiders if Palmer has anything left in the tank. This Raiders team, like all of them I guess, is built for a QB with a big arm. Their strong ground attack will help Palmer and if he can still get some air under the ball, the Raiders could make a run this year.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
The Raiders would just have blown those 1st round picks anyway. This is cheaper at least. I didn't think of it that way!! :D

Wayne

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I agree the draft is a crapshoot and teams often cling to those picks as if they were gold. That said, Palmer's been in decline in recent years and in my opinion is not worth the price they paid. I would've gone after Kyle Orton, who almost certainly would've come at a far cheaper price and likely would produce the same level of production. So your opinion of Orton has changed? Because last year you kept saying he was a terrible quarterback. [/QUOTE]I've noticed that you seem to take issue with every statement I make lately Jack.

In any event, my opinion of Orton hasn't changed. Orton has proven over time that my opinion was correct - he isn't very good. That said, I believe Palmer is in decline, he wasn't very good last season and I don't think he's any better right now than Orton. Perhaps marginally better at most. Given that, I think it would've made much more sense for the Raiders to pursue Orton, who likely could be had for a cheap price right now, as opposed to massively overpaying for Palmer.

What's even more odd is the report that the Raiders' No. 2 QB choice was Vince Young. I'm afraid to ask what they would've given the Eagles for him.
[/QUOTE]I think it's naive to imagine the Broncos dealing Orton inside their division to their hated rivals. It's easy to knock this trade, but the Raiders are a playoff team at this point with plenty of reason for optimism. Without this deal, they are effectively finished this year. Palmer was the lone guy out there and the Bengals had them in a perfect spot to overpay for a guy who was otherwise completely unattainable. He doesn't need to be the Palmer of 5 years ago, he inherits a great run team with some intriguing young options around him, and an impressive defense and strong special teams. I like the guts and the aggressive message this sends to the fanbase. Al would love this deal.

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Agree with king and not a Raider fan. Draft picks for Bengals are great but their draft history is not which is a moot point. Raiders have incentive this year with Al being the rally point. D-Mac and Bush with a slew of speed at WR. No Ocho stinko to get in his face. Division stinks. They swept division last year. If you think Palmers skill set has eroded than it is a bad trade. Love the way Hue has taken control. Think they win division and Palmer hits his speed guys on slants when running game opens it up.and they turn 10 yard passes into 60 yard gains. They are playing for Al this year and you can not discount that emotional part of the game. Just an opinion
Marty

SS

Post by SS » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:27 pm

I thought Palmer was retired
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Dirty Deeds

Post by Dirty Deeds » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm

"JUST WIN BABY"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 am

Originally posted by kingraiders:
I think it's naive to imagine the Broncos dealing Orton inside their division to their hated rivals.

Perhaps but given how the Broncos appear to be in fire sale mode I think they would've made the deal. They don't want Orton. He's gone after this season so why be stubborn and ignore a potential trade? That makes no sense to me. Perhaps the Raiders inquired and were turned down. If that was the case, I'll concede to your point. But if they didn't even make an attempt to acquire Orton I'll stand by my point that they massively overpaid to get Palmer.

It's easy to knock this trade, but the Raiders are a playoff team at this point with plenty of reason for optimism. Without this deal, they are effectively finished this year. Palmer was the lone guy out there and the Bengals had them in a perfect spot to overpay for a guy who was otherwise completely unattainable. He doesn't need to be the Palmer of 5 years ago, he inherits a great run team with some intriguing young options around him, and an impressive defense and strong special teams. I like the guts and the aggressive message this sends to the fanbase. Al would love this deal. We'll see how it plays out but given the decline in Palmer's game it's not so much a need for him to be the Palmer of five years ago (which I agree he doesn't have to be) but whether he can be capable enough to get the job done, period. That's a legitimate question given how poorly Palmer has often played since his elbow injury.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:49 am

Adam Schefter reporting that Palmer is expected to start Sunday vs. the Chiefs.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Here's my opinion. The only thing Palmer has done for around 10 months now is practice with Ken O'Brien. No team practices. No team workouts. No drills. Just Palmer and Ken O'Brien. So unless Ken O'Brien is "Mr.Meyagee" and Palmer is "Daniel-son", this karate kid is going to get his butt kicked and possibly get hurt. I wouldnt touch Palmer.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 am

Adam Schefter reporting today that Carson Palmer will not start on Sunday. I am going to predict 75 rushing attempts for the Raiders with McFadden getting 50.

I don't see the Chiefs stopping the Raiders' running game but if there was ever a week to start their defense this is probably it. Kyle Boller is awful so he could be good for a takeway or two.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich